• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jjl5000

Reaction score
Shannon II bauxite calf & coffee suede (IIRC)...

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
great boots you posted. I believe the galway is made from rosewood country calf and tobacco suede uppers

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shannon in dark oak calf & mink suede with an Edwardian calf facing..Shannon in olive calf & lodden suede with a chestnut facing...

I am not too sure about these! there is a lot happening there with the colours. I would have to see these in the real to make any judgment!

The Shannon II bauxite calf & coffee suede are lovely!

jjl5000

Reaction score

Shannon in dark oak calf & mink suede with an Edwardian calf facing..Shannon in olive calf & lodden suede with a chestnut facing...

I am not too sure about these! there is a lot happening there with the colours. I would have to see these in the real to make any judgment!

The Shannon II bauxite calf & coffee suede are lovely!

The Shannon in olive calf & lodden suede with a chestnut facing are my favourite commission. I was drawn to the contrast facing having seen these old balmoral boots in the Crockett & Jones store on Jermyn Street (some years ago):

as well as this bespoke pair by J Myhre:

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Could you please show us some pictures of the Shannons with some wear on them? That, to me, is a good way to see the beauty in a pair of shoes or boots. Too many pics of brand new stuff just makes me feel like I'm looking through a very handsome catalogue!

jjl5000

Reaction score

Could you please show us some pictures of the Shannons with some wear on them? That, to me, is a good way to see the beauty in a pair of shoes or boots. Too many pics of brand new stuff just makes me feel like I'm looking through a very handsome catalogue!

This is the only pic is have on the burgundy Shannon shortly after they had been worn a few times and they don't look much if any different now...

EGs do seem to hold up rather well. Here's a brief history in photos of a pair of Berkeley's

New:

During their regular rotation:

Now (after a resole courtesy of EGs referb. service):

ElementHU

Reaction score

The idea of a "well-worn shooz thread" would make for an interesting counterpoint to the recent purchases thread.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think ive seen a thread like that on SF but i dont remember being impressed. id like for a "well-worn shooz thread $500+ retail". if i want to see a pair of used flosheim i can see one anytime on ebay

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads