1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Burton

Burton Senior member

That makes sense to me and is consistent with other GMTOs.

2. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

I prefer the Rosewood country calf but I may be biased! [​IMG]

3. unipair guy

unipair guy Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Newbury Olive Calf 888 E
    Chelsea Midnight Blue Calf 82 E
    We hope you enjoy them.

2 people like this.
  4. cwh812

cwh812 Senior member

I tend to agree since we are going to have different sizes. I was just going based upon what Leaves said in his post on this board yesterday. He included width in the specs he listed have to be the same. This would be my first group MTO so just trying to learn the ground rules.

5. Burton

Burton Senior member

Understood. I don't think widths have to be the same. The rest I understand. If, for some reason, the widths must be the same then I doubt we will make it work.

6. VegTan

VegTan Senior member

Thank you and sorry for my late reply. They seem to be Norwegian, not Veldtschoen.

[​IMG]

7. laufer

laufer Senior member

Folks I am running a count. Is there anybody else interested in EG Alderley boot on 202 last in either Rosewood or Mahogany country calf?

8. S K M

S K M Senior member

Sorry, only interested in a plain leather version, preferably in Edwardian. Do you know the price yet? I posted the question for Leaves a couple of days ago, but he hasn't answered yet...

Good luck with the project!
    SKM

9. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Gus, is that an old MTO or a top drawer? I have Weymouth listed from EG as on the 82 last and they really don't let people change lasts anymore, even for single MTO's, only top drawer.

Alderley is 6880 SEK ex VAT for clients outside the EU (about $1050), 8600 SEK inc. VAT for EU clients. The "advanced" program is called top drawer. You have more freedom in this program than their regular MTO program which is now-a-days pretty limited. They might do a top drawer Alderley with shearling but only for single orders and the price would be about 25% more than a regular Alderley MTO.

Have to double check this. I really think so to be honest, I'm meeting EG on Wednesday, I can double check then.

10. S K M

S K M Senior member

Thanks a lot for your reply. However, according to what i read here, the "upper" level of the programme is different from their top drawer, but I guess you guys know the best. What I was thinking of – as posted in your affiliate thread as well – was a battle ship version of the Galway in zug grain/suede, veldtschoen and fully shearling lined (as opposed to the standard lining of the Galway where only the shaft is lined).

The Alderley is another project, though, where I'm thinking about opting for a standard version in Edwardian [​IMG]

Cheers,
    SKM

11. Renton

Renton Senior member

If there's the restriction on widths for group mtos, I'm afraid that would count me out. I need a G width in the 202.

12. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

I'm so jealous of that Galway makeup already...

13. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I suspect the GMTO will fall apart if we all have to order the same width.

Addressing some of the issues discussed above in the thread, standard individual MTO's these days are limited to certain lasts for certain models. I have had this exact discussion with EG direct in recent weeks.

14. laufer

laufer Senior member

I am going to send the message to leaves and sort this out. To my knowledge Alderley is only available on 202 last.

15. S K M

S K M Senior member

I've only just started making enquiries, so there's plenty of time for you to consider joining. However, I'm still exited to fin out how many of my wishes can be accommodated...

16. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

I'm very much having to tighten my belt this year because of a recent change of circumstances so unless I win the lottery...I don't actually need anything new, clothes-wise, for a good year or two anyway!

Do please keep me updated on what you're doing as I may follow in your footsteps at some point in the future...

17. Burton

Burton Senior member

Thanks. Please do. Generally on GMTO's size and fit are the only things you can change. This still allows the company to achieve the necessary economies of scale. Anyway, I could be wrong and I am happy to stand corrected.

I think we should pause until Leaves (Patrik) gets back from his meeting with EG. I have the order form from EG and the Weymouth is listed as a derby. I think this goes to the descrepancy mentioned earlier. Right now I believe we are discussing the original Weymouth which is an oxford and not a derby.

Group, here are the specs as I see them:

Model: Weymouth I - Oxford (Right now it appears this will be approx. $900 and will be finalized before order.)
    Color: Edwardian Antique
    Edge trim: Natural
    Sole: H/AF (EG double sole which is 200 SEK ex vat upcharge or approx. $31.00)
    Last is either 888 or 82 depending upon group vote and availability
    Shoe trees (760 SEK ex vat or approx $117.00

Please send me a PM if you are interested please specify size and last.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  18. Burton

Burton Senior member

These are excellent - love the Olive Calf. Great makeups.

19. calidist

calidist Senior member

The olive pair is fantastic.

20. unipair guy

unipair guy Senior member

Thank you gentlemen. Olive is eye catching.