• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped by Florence to see what all the Pitti Uomo fuss is about and I naturally had to wear the best shoes for the job.

IMG_5114.JPEG

GuidoTheKillerPimp

Reaction score
It entirely depends on what you ask for but you’re talking around £2500. It’s best to talk to the shop to get a better idea.

Here’s my pair:
View attachment 2200533 View attachment 2200535
The heel is canted and the leather is the best I’ve handled. I have 25 Gaziano and Girlings and 108 Edward Greens - so I’ve got a fair selection to compare. The fit is unbelievably good too and I’m not sure how they achieve that.
Shoefan57,

Are these Burnt Pine? Also, how long did these take to be made?

tuna roll

Reaction score
What products do you guys use on London Grain?

I recently bought a pair of Harrows at Leffot and Benjamin there (very nice fellow and excellent service) recommended mink oil or some product containing it. Such as Saphir Pommadier / Creme 1925 and (less often) Renovateur.

More specifically, he recomended Havana or Dark Brown Creme 1925.

I have some neutral Creme 1925 so I'll probably use that first. I found the recommendation for mink oil curious, maybe something to do with grain leathers?

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What products do you guys use on London Grain?

I recently bought a pair of Harrows at Leffot and Benjamin there (very nice fellow and excellent service) recommended mink oil or some product containing it. Such as Saphir Pommadier / Creme 1925 and (less often) Renovateur.

More specifically, he recomended Havana or Dark Brown Creme 1925.

I have some neutral Creme 1925 so I'll probably use that first. I found the recommendation for mink oil curious, maybe something to do with grain leathers?
I love eG London grain. Super soft and supple.

tuna roll

Reaction score
Last edited:

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Fool me once...

Last year when a store in Europe offered 1/2 price on clove suede Dovers (...Clo-vers?) in my size, I hesitated (put them in my online cart and took them out about 5 times) and someone else (pretty sure another SF member) grabbed this last pair.

I regretted my inaction.

Fast forward to this past weekend when I see that Abbot's Shoes has the exact pair in almost unworn condition for a very nice price (mind you, not very much less than the new 50% off price that I missed out on last year...but...I was not about to miss twice...)

They arrived today - super fast DHL - and I'm really happy with them. My third pair of Dovers now...these will be great for the upcoming summer!

Edward Green Clove Dovers.jpg

jellyroller

Reaction score
Fool me once...

Last year when a store in Europe offered 1/2 price on clove suede Dovers (...Clo-vers?) in my size, I hesitated (put them in my online cart and took them out about 5 times) and someone else (pretty sure another SF member) grabbed this last pair.

I regretted my inaction.

Fast forward to this past weekend when I see that Abbot's Shoes has the exact pair in almost unworn condition for a very nice price (mind you, not very much less than the new 50% off price that I missed out on last year...but...I was not about to miss twice...)

They arrived today - super fast DHL - and I'm really happy with them. My third pair of Dovers now...these will be great for the upcoming summer!

View attachment 2205927
Beautiful. I'm jealous!

BlueSteel

Reaction score

lurker33

Reaction score
Fool me once...

I regretted my inaction.

View attachment 2205927
They were mine! Enjoy them. Only really had like 2 wears on them.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donmugag1