1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I agree aportnoy, nevertheless nice hoof beaters CC.

2. kslle

kslle New Member

I have a good deal of experience with EG "F" widths. I agree with Sevenfold with regard to the 202 last. I would say the 202 F is designed for a wide foot that also has a lot of volume--wide and fat, for lack of a better term. However, I would disagree with regard to the 888 last. The 888 "F" is a wide foot but normal volume.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  3. CrackedCrab

CrackedCrab Senior member

Thanks for the clarification aportnoy and gyash!
    I got these off ebay and thought it was the Berkeley but I stand corrected.
    Party on :slayer:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  4. Burton

Burton Senior member

I have said the same thing. Funny I can't find a good fit with the 202 or the 184 (loafer last) but have no problems with either the 82 or the 888. I am chalking this up to wide forefoot (basically flat across the top) and narrow heel.

5. CrackedCrab

CrackedCrab Senior member

EG for polo on 101 Edwardian

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. PMac

PMac Well-Known Member

Maiden voyage for my new Sandringhams.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. philweezer

philweezer Active Member

To all owners of an EG Dover, I need help with sizing. Before I start, I'm trying to avoid the MTO option. I had my foot sized by EG during a recent trunk shoe and they recommended a 6.5E UK in a 202. I tried that on and they weren't half bad on my wide feet. I recently went to buy the Dover in the 606 thinking its the same. The left fit perfectly but my right had issues. The left side of the big toe was up against the shoe which is then slightly mushing the next toe. Therefore I cannot wiggle my toes. Plus the right side was tight but I'm sure that will stretch. So here's the thing. I have wide feet and my right is a 1/4 longer then my left. Should I try to stretch these out (will they stretch enough) or should I go a size up to a 7UK?

8. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Do you know which of your foot is larger (typically one is larger) and did they size you on that foot? If not, that might explain the discrepancy since the difference might be enough to make one uncomfortable. I don't know if discrepancies are significant enough for many to warrant different length x width combinations though. The option of going a size up (or wider) is then your left shoe might then feel loose. Then it comes to what you can live with (and afford). If you are not happy with the fit then bespoke (which I don't think EG does anymore) might be the way to go since MTO will probably just do sizing differences.

It is always hard to tell unless you've worn shoes for a long period of time and see which last works for you. My Dovers are 6.5/7E but on the 82 and they fit really well (best out of all the different shoes that I've tried and owned). Good luck with your fitting!

9. philweezer

philweezer Active Member

EG did size my larger foot (the right) only. On the Chelsea in a 202, it works good enough. I was assuming it would be the same on a 606. Yea that is the dilemma on the smaller one. What I wanted to see if people who have it can comment on how it stretches out or if they had the same problem as I have. I know using a local cobbler, who can stretch it, is an option but I want to see if these can break in first.

Also the place I purchased from only has it on the 606.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  10. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I have two Dover models on the 606 and one Dover model on the 202. I take the same size for each. For the Dover model, I prefer the 606 to all others.

11. philweezer

philweezer Active Member

Any difference in fit? How did they stretch out for u?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  12. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

For my feet they fit similar. I didn't need any of them to stretch so I can't opine on that. In other words, my pairs were not too tight out of the box. Good luck.

13. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. philweezer

philweezer Active Member

Unfortunately I have foot problems because of the shape of my foot (it's wide, especially in the mid-foot). I always have issues when buying any shoe. Trust me, it's not by choice. I play ice hockey and I cannot wear any standard skate, I had to get it custom made. Again, not by choice. So you don't know me and keep your comments to yourself.

15. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

My wife wears an extra thin sock on her smaller foot with most of her shoes.

I find the 202 to fit me a little bigger than the 606, but not enough to make much of a difference.

1 person likes this.
  16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

great pairs. I would gladly purchase any of these. CC, the loafers are exceptional

17. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

This is the hardest EG last to fit correctly. Strangely non-anatomical.

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

and shipping and handling and surcharge for shipping and handling and also administrative charges and then of course you convert that all to US, because it was calculated at GBP and now it makes sense. I had you all wrong earthdragon, my bad

19. philweezer

philweezer Active Member

Fair enough, I interpreted your comments as sarcastic in a condescending way. Anyways, shoe shopping is painful for me in more ways than one. Besides if I'm paying 1300 for a shoe, it better fit me right.

20. philweezer

philweezer Active Member

With the Dovers, did anyone have trouble moving their toes? Mine feel bunched up, not in pain, just not flat.