• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ladislav.jancik

Reaction score
And that is excellent, because most shops stock only E width, Frans Boone stock both E and F. But those of us needing F width either need to have most shoes MTO with EG or shop at Borghini Classic.

I think if you ask EG to make you their standard model in F width then it is at no extra charge.

Last edited:

shoefan57

Reaction score
I guess my point is that E width customers have several retail options to “buy and go” but F fit ( and G fit) customers have very few options to “buy and go”. So it’s good to have Borghini….

Gustaf

Reaction score
I guess my point is that E width customers have several retail options to “buy and go” but F fit ( and G fit) customers have very few options to “buy and go”. So it’s good to have Borghini….

Not questioning the usefulness for the severely disadvantaged EG F width community, I just found it odd that that is all they stock. Seeing it as a USP I guess it makes sense though.

shoefan57

Reaction score
Not questioning the usefulness for the severely disadvantaged EG F width community, I just found it odd that that is all they stock. Seeing it as a USP I guess it makes sense though.
Yes, I agree that they very likely see it as their USP

jonlam1234

Reaction score
Does F width means the whole shoe is made wider or is it just the toe box? I have gaping issues in the sides of my UK8E Piccadilly so wonder if going to F width helps. Thanks!

montecristo#2

Reaction score
Galway question:

I recently purchased these guys here. When I’m wearing them, they are quite tight here where the tongue is sewn on to the vamp — tight even when not laced up:

62F4AA43-2B37-4BF6-ACC7-2F385CDD401E.jpeg

Yet when I tighten up the laces, there is very little gap between the two sides of the derby closure (maybe 1-2mm when the laces are drawn tightly.

7EAFCB1A-220B-4702-8888-6EC91CAF1633.jpeg

Is this normal? The two seem like they should be mutually exclusive.

Here it is with a shoe tree inside and I am just pinching the sides shut with my fingers, with not a lot of force — the gap is very small:

8E967E9C-DAAC-4ECE-AA30-CCA7CF4D2D67.jpeg

Last edited:

jellyroller

Reaction score

I have EG shoes being delivered from Borghini tomorrow. I didn't notice when I bought them that they were F. Oops... maybe it will be ok...?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have EG shoes being delivered from Borghini tomorrow. I didn't notice when I bought them that they were F. Oops... maybe it will be ok...?

Probably won't be unless you have a wide foot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads