• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That pie crust they have over there is pretty sweet.
I've seen a few makers that put out beautiful pie crusts on cordovan.

Vass doesn't really have a last as versatile for smart casual as the 61 last for a loafer. Although, I did stipulate that it was supposed to look like the 61 but fit like the Van last (probably impossible). In any case, the F last (and probably R last) is probably a bit long looking on a loafer style.

Secondly, no way Vass can get their hands on Ravello. At least not Ravello from Horween. I'm confident I could source the color from another cordovan maker, but who knows what long term that color would end up looking like.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few makers that put out beautiful pie crusts on cordovan.

Vass doesn't really have a last as versatile for smart casual as the 61 last for a loafer. Although, I did stipulate that it was supposed to look like the 61 but fit like the Van last (probably impossible). In any case, the F last (and probably R last) is probably a bit long looking on a loafer style.

Secondly, no way Vass can get their hands on Ravello. At least not Ravello from Horween. I'm confident I could source the color from another cordovan maker, but who knows what long term that color would end up looking like.
:lol:
39E5B072-32AC-4444-AF61-41DCEE1A2B8D.gif

ladislav.jancik

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys. Just sent them an email inquiring about it. Plus I just found a second defect I didn’t even realize until I tried to lace them up just to test the fit!

It looks like the top speed hook on the right boot actually arrived bent inward so close to the leather it’s impossible to get the laces through the speed hook!!!

I had the same issue on my MTO Galways. While annoying a little I don't think this is a defect. You can fix it in few seconds.

E. coli

Reaction score
Hey Guys! Long time since I’ve posted here. Just wanted to ask your expert opinion on this Galway GMTO I just received.

They're Veldschoten(unsure of spelling) construction and I noticed the welt on one of the boots looks like it was pushed in or something and looks like it’s kind of warped. I’ve attached pictures of what I’m talking about to this comment. Is this something I should just let go or should I reach out to the retailer?

That is bad, it would bug the 💩 out of me. Would definitely return them, looks Meerminish not EG. 🥲

Featured Sponsor

How Often Do You Buy New Clothing?

• 1-5 times a year

• 6-10 times a year

• Once a month

• 2-3 times a month

• Weekly

• Almost daily

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members