• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E. coli

Reaction score
Post Xmas sale bounty has all arrived!
34B1B6C9-CA9C-4286-BBAE-C3184ABB987E.jpeg

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Connemara a
Quite a bounty indeed. What are your thoughts on the Connemara?
I have the Connemara and quite like them. Baby Galway basically. The collar takes some getting used to but the patterned Utah has broken in fast and the boot feels great on foot.

E. coli

Reaction score
Quite a bounty indeed. What are your thoughts on the Connemara?
Thanks! My initial thoughts are the Connemara is the sporty athletic lil bro to the handsome and proper Galway. I say that as the Galway I have are DOAK Mink Suede 82 Last on leather soles while the Connemara 202 last on a Danite sole. I suspect I will have a easier and quicker break in time due to the last being "particularly accommodating" to a wider foot and as Mr_Spud indicated the patterned Utah. I do like the padded ankle support on the Connemara-its a nice refined boot for the outdoors but I'll probably still stick to the Vibergs for more robust activities.

E. coli

Reaction score
Quite the haul. Picked up two styles that set the benchmark. ??

Thanks! I've been yearning and hunting for a pair of Dovers DOAK the past year and happy to have scored! Looking forward to see how they compare to the Foster and Sons Keble. Out of curiosity as for the other style setting the benchmark are you referring to the Connemara/Galway or the Asquith?

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I've been yearning and hunting for a pair of Dovers DOAK the past year and happy to have scored! Looking forward to see how they compare to the Foster and Sons Keble. Out of curiosity as for the other style setting the benchmark are you referring to the Connemara/Galway or the Asquith?
Galway fa sho

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Galway for sure but was curious if the Connemara would stand on it's own?
I feel like nobody would know 100% either or what you're wearing, as in one or the other, after trousers / jeans cover the ankle shaft of the boot. Whether it could stand on its own is irrelevant as long as it fits you, is comfortable, durable, looks good on you, and you like it, that's what counts!

However If you want to get into the SF-style kind of thinking then gotta go for Galway lol

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was referring to the Connemara as being the other iconic style. Of course, I am really referring to the Galway, but considering the same EG guys make the Connemara, it can be made on the same last, has essentially the same pattern, and, as @dukenukem4ever mentioned, throw it under some jeans and you can't tell the difference.. Thus,
I'll count it as the Galway.

As for the FS Keble, I never pulled the trigger on it. Given the opportunity again, I'd probably purchase it just to have it for comparative purposes. I did see it in person and can say it is an absolutely beautiful SpTD. ??

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like nobody would know 100% either or what you're wearing, as in one or the other, after trousers / jeans cover the ankle shaft of the boot. Whether it could stand on its own is irrelevant as long as it fits you, is comfortable, durable, looks good on you, and you like it, that's what counts!

However If you want to get into the SF-style kind of thinking then gotta go for Galway lol
Case in point…

7FEDD1E2-6F3D-4DE0-B774-062CDF2FCA3C.jpeg
A5F1AEA2-2EA4-4442-BBEB-530C6BC59174.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads