• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Must say the pin grain pair are really interesting and unique. Awesome collection. Thanks for further cementing my desire for a rosewood cc pair. :bigstar:

Sutefan

Reaction score
Close up in same order
Last pic is veldt on ridgway
Also a pair of top drawers Shannon's on 202
That pin grain is fantastic. There's a darker brown version with some red in it, that would look perfect on a 202 or 82 Newmarket 😁

te0o

Reaction score
Close up in same order
Last pic is veldt on ridgway
Also a pair of top drawers Shannon's on 202
I'd be really interested to see more photos of the top drawer details on the Shannon. Is it worth going for it in your opinion?

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be really interested to see more photos of the top drawer details on the Shannon. Is it worth going for it in your opinion?
I will once I get home from work today.
Whether it's worth it, or not, that's more a personal answer really like any luxury item.
For me it is. I have about 8 TDs at this point.
Last one I got, was about 2 years ago so not sure if any change in quality since.
So my EGs are all either TDs for work or 72 lasted boots... just my preference

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For inspiration here is a group shot of my 72s.
Not in pic are my 72 lasted kentmeres
All are veldt on ridgeway
Left to right
Bakers Russian calf --> brown willow zug --> mahogany pin grain (double leather sole) --> Ambleside on waxed suede --> rosewood Cc--> mahogany Cc--> alderley on walnut Cc
For the love of God, what a collection of just 72 lasted boots 😍😍😍

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha! Dude... if I didn't, I'd need another house with an extra room just for storage of useless shit I literally never think about.
Sounds like you've figured out your next big purchase 🤣. For me the boxes actually make it easier to store the shoes since I can stack them similar to what @CLTesquire did. But I only go 2 high in my closet

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are full of the spring/summer rotation. :cool:
I'd be interesting to see how all other shoe/boot sickos manage/store their shoes. I have them all in a shoe closet, but I do find that off-season shoes gather a bit of dust when unworn for extended periods of time.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you've figured out your next big purchase 🤣. For me the boxes actually make it easier to store the shoes since I can stack them similar to what @CLTesquire did. But I only go 2 high in my closet
I've also learned that if there are lots of boxes in the closet my wife won't really know if just one more was added to the mix.

thinking.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Own a Fountain Pen?

• I own one but I hardly ever use it

• I own multiple ones but I always use the same ol' BIC

• Yes, and I use it often

• Yes, I collect them

• Ballpoint is the way

Results are only viewable after voting.