• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Burnt Pine might be a little closer to the old Dark Oak (bearing in mind that my older dark oak appears to be darker than @jischwar pair and... I've never handled burnt pine).

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Burnt Pine might be a little closer to the old Dark Oak (bearing in mind that my dark oak appears to be darker than @jischwar pair and... I've never handled burnt pine).
It still has more of an orange undertone if I'm not mistaken. @George Red don't you have the dark burnt pine and cc Galways from GF?

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh is that right? my apologies, like I said, I'd not seen that color in real life but it seemed closer to your old doak pair... (which are lovely btw and I think I will wear mine tomorrow - thanks for the reminder 🤣)

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It still has more of an orange undertone if I'm not mistaken. @George Red don't you have the dark burnt pine and cc Galways from GF?
I do. I like the leather and the boot, overall, but I hate the fit. For some reason, they feel WAY too tight. I've worn them, like, three times. Will be selling them soon. From now on, it's exclusively 82 or 72 lasts for me, gents.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh is that right? my apologies, like I said, I'd not seen that color in real life but it seemed closer to your old doak pair... (which are lovely btw and I think I will wear mine tomorrow - thanks for the reminder 🤣)
Good idea! It's such a lovely boot

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My soul yearns for a 72 last Galway in willow Zug with veldt construction and a ridgeway sole.

Or an 82 last Galway in rosewood CC like the ones at Frans Boone but with the R2 sole.

In happy news, my extreme dark brown Zug Cranleigh boots have shipped.

behold (not my boot I don’t think but it’s THE boot nevertheless):

DD073981-CB8F-4852-90B4-B934BF624350.jpeg

I thieved that picture from @Sutefan and his IG. But he’s the man and came up with this awesome idea.

Last edited:

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My soul yearns for a 72 last Galway in willow Zug with veldt construction and a ridgeway sole.

Or an 82 last Galway in rosewood CC like the ones at Frans Boone but with the R2 sole.

In happy news, my extreme dark brown Zug Cranleigh boots have shipped.

behold (not my boot I don’t think but it’s THE boot nevertheless):

View attachment 1712073
I thieved that picture from @Sutefan’s IG. But he’s the man and came up with this awesome idea.
Saw that on Stefan’s account. Literally creamed myself.

Soixante

Reaction score

You mean this 😎?
75F60EFA-F18A-4B7C-A3F7-D43607123FC3.jpeg

It’s rather funny because it was a single MTO of mine (convincing EG to use Zug again is one tough task that only Stefan can carry) that I never thought would gain interest at all because it’s not some shell or fancy calf.. all credits to our savior lord Stefan for fighting in the realms.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean this 😎? View attachment 1712250

It’s rather funny because it was a single MTO of mine (convincing EG to use Zug again is one tough task that only Stefan can carry) that I never thought would gain interest at all because it’s not some shell or fancy calf.. all credits to our savior lord Stefan for fighting in the realms.
Oh that's nice!

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who here is interested in the Galway GMTO we've been discussing? If so, please let me know. We need a minimum of four participants to make it.

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • cr2596

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 3 7.9%