• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Yeah 915 is a bit much for a boot.

Thinking either an all black or cognac pair with a black shaft. Both in crup. Choices...

ZRH1

Reaction score
I am interested in Nightshade, would it be a bother to refer me to sum color accurate images?

Thanks

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
hey guys, i remember reading one post where a member graciously said that boot versions of the same last (say, Cranleigh on 202 vs Dover on 202) fit slightly larger. Can someone confirm this? I'm looking into getting a boot but wanted to know about the fitting and sizing. Size down half? thanks y'all

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i remember reading one post where a member graciously said that boot versions of the same last (say, Cranleigh on 202 vs Dover on 202) fit slightly larger. Can someone confirm this? I'm looking into getting a boot but wanted to know about the fitting and sizing. Size down half? thanks y'all
I wouldn’t size down. If it’s too small you have no options but if you stick to your normal size and it’s a bit big you can always wear a thicker sock.

Sutefan

Reaction score
Never experienced a boot being bigger than a shoe, just because it's a boot. The production lasts should be exactly the same.

I got myself a pair for hunting (galway on 72). Normally wear 11E and went for 11F. Should've gone further up for real outdoor use. Slightly tight gets cold. Still fantastic for normal wear though!

Wouldn't be afraid to go up a width or half size. 👍

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t size down. If it’s too small you have no options but if you stick to your normal size and it’s a bit big you can always wear a thicker sock.
+1 on that. I find the boot and shoe version fit pretty much the same.
Although as was told to me at their store in London, the boots regardless of last, can be anywhere from 1 to 2 mm bigger to accommodate a thicker sock. Again, I feel no difference between the two versions.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Own a Fountain Pen?

• I own one but I hardly ever use it

• I own multiple ones but I always use the same ol' BIC

• Yes, and I use it often

• Yes, I collect them

• Ballpoint is the way

Results are only viewable after voting.