Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

You can still return the DSW ones right? Though it's possibly they make different color, at least for RLPL made in Italy does, and doesn't MacKay by EG in 888 used to have more than one color?

2. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

cwh812-

I suppose you will find out exactly what color the Aksels are upon delivery of the pair you ordered. Please let me know, once they arrive. I did see the pair on eBay, and I recognize they are the same style. I simply cannot tell if the pair at DSW is indeed Dark Oak.

FYI, Ralph Lauren sold a run of Edward Green shoes within the last few years that were largely Edwardian, Burnt Pine, and Hazel. They had a few styles left this past winter at the Rhinelander Mansion store. I believe this run included the Aksel, or a very similar oxford style, that was not Dark Oak.

I really hope your pair of Aksels are Dark Oak, or Burnt Pine at the least! These are some of the lowest prices I have encountered recently on Edward Green shoes. Thus, I am sure some of this stock will quickly reappear on eBay for healthy markups.

Cheers.

3. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

I saw these in person two X-Mas' ago at the Mansion. They didnt have my size so I picked up the Brooksville instead. It was Dark Oak.

4. 89826

89826 Senior member

Any EG shoes have metal eyelets? Pictures? Thoughts about that for the Dover?

5. Burton

Burton Senior member

I do not understand why one would wish to buy a horse bit loafer from EG. Gucci's are much better looking.

6. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

If alden's color 8 is considered the king, would dark oak be the eg equivalent? Although I got my dovers in hazel as well.

7. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I mean awesome catalog, I don't wear loafer in general, my left foot is 9E, right is 9.5D on the wider side, so loafer just doesn't work...

Though yea not sure why I would want to buy bit loafer from EG (or anyone for that matter, I don't like bit loafer...)

8. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Reasonable minds can disagree on this one, but it is certainly my favorite EG color, which is why I have it in a captoe blucher, a captoe bal, and a split toe blucher.

9. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I'm with you - I have no love for the horse bit loafer, no matter who is making it. To each their own.

10. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Senior member

Congrats on a great deal :) I love the westminster on 888, probably my favourite shoe

11. cwh812

cwh812 Senior member

Will report back. Still haven't even got my confirmation that they shipped - still In Process. Hopefully I'll have them this week, but I'm guessing they might not be here until next week. The 25% off coupon expires today - If I were you I'd take the gamble. Total with tax and shipping came to $530ish. They don't look like the Edwardian end of the spectrum to me based upon the DSW pics. Use the Sanderson as comparison. I know those aren't EG RL shoes, but I think it is a pretty true reflection of the color - have seen them before. The Aksel could be Hazel or Burnt Pine I guess which I'd be happy with. I love dark oak, but my collection needs to branch out a bit.

12. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Good luck on the Aksel! Find it funny that I have a pair of RLPL DM called the Ancel.

Really like a couple of the RL shoes on sale but unfortunately they are not the EG shoes but the Italian ones. For >$500, they're just not that great of a deal.

13. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

14. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

oh really?

15. unipair guy

unipair guy Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]