• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone attached a topy to the cemented loafers? Just grabbed a pair of Polperros off the Matchesfashion sale but I'm a bit concerned about their longevity...
I can't imagine that it wold matter to the cobbler whether the soles were cemented or welted.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got Topys on each of my pairs of the cemented loafers - they used the thin ones usually used on ladies shoes.

downunderdoc

Reaction score
Thanks gents - will wait til they arrive and take them to a cobbler for his opinion. Although the cemented loafers are very nice I want to get a decent amount of longevity out of the soles for their price...

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Thanks gents - will wait til they arrive and take them to a cobbler for his opinion. Although the cemented loafers are very nice I want to get a decent amount of longevity out of the soles for their price...
My understanding is that they are made with resoling in mind. Might want to check with Nathan if he would be comfortable doing it locally?

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Doak 202 dovers in a pretty good size run on Cettire at a very good price for anyone who is interested.

Edit: it's a decent price. Had wrong currency.

Last edited:

te0o

Reaction score
Well, I just ordered my first pair of EG boots.
Cranleigh, dark brown Utah, 202 D width. I’ll post pictures when they arrive in December.
Thanks to everyone who chimed in and helped with the choice! Certainly won’t be the last pair of boots I get.

joeninety

Reaction score
There is an EG model I’m considering, I think I’ll have to use their MTO system to get what I’m after (replacing a pair of EG patent lace ups from Ede and ravenscroft which cracked after a decade of light use, With a pair of calf pumps), does anyone know if they run promotions (as G&G are doing now, I’m also considering them) or do a Christmas sale? I don’t ever seem to remember them doing the Christmas sale in the past

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I just ordered my first pair of EG boots.
Cranleigh, dark brown Utah, 202 D width. I’ll post pictures when they arrive in December.
Thanks to everyone who chimed in and helped with the choice! Certainly won’t be the last pair of boots I get.
Please post pics when they arrive!

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.