• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Crup? Really beautiful!
Yep.

20210916_223416.jpg

Interesting the faux cap stitch position. Same last and size shoes.

Having scrutinised the crup pair. Seems like EG takes a bit more care with the crup shoes with execution. Fudging is a bit deeper (though still not deep compared to say AM etc). Might be just a n of 1 correlation though... basically need to buy more.

reidd

Reaction score
Hi, I got these EG, that I think is beautiful, when putting them on they are perfect, but walking more than 10 minutes, the inside starts to basically cut into my foot wrist, literally. I had come too far when noticing it the first time, turned around and came home with bloody feet. How can one soften this point, without actually walking around? Usually wear socks as well. View attachment 1663744 View attachment 1663745
I'd wear them with socks for a while. They will still be stiff, but that should be enough to protect your feet while they soften up.

Can't be afraid to spill a little blood for some EGs. Just make sure it doesn't stain that beautiful suede! That is a really great looking loafer.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep.

View attachment 1669828

Having scrutinised the crup pair. Seems like EG takes a bit more care with the crup shoes with execution. Fudging is a bit deeper (though still not deep compared to say AM etc). Might be just a n of 1 correlation though... basically need to buy more.
I have two in crup, will see if I can do a compare at some point

reidd

Reaction score
Ok that makes sense. I have heard before that cordovan is very difficult to work with and specifically to sew. Makes sense that the stitching looks different. They might have to use a totally different process/machine to execute it.

Sutefan

Reaction score
Comparison between 202 lasts, different widths.
View attachment 1670021
Nice comparison. The welt is wider on the DOAK, by design.

Yep.

View attachment 1669828

Haven't noticed the difference of stitching position before. The balance of the crup one does look nice on the 82.

cs54

Reaction score
I'd wear them with socks for a while. They will still be stiff, but that should be enough to protect your feet while they soften up.

Can't be afraid to spill a little blood for some EGs. Just make sure it doesn't stain that beautiful suede! That is a really great looking loafer.
Sounds right to me. As a general rule nobody makes me bleed my own blood, but for EG I would make an exception.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members