• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ZRH1

Reaction score
I recently purchased my first Piccadilly from Cavour and one shoe is showing this artefact on the internal side, according to my tailor (whom I asked due to his knowledge of stitching and his collaboration with a shoe maker) it is due to the fact that the damaged side is not stitched as tightly as the other one, as shown in these images. NB: the below image has been inverted to best compare it.

DSC03476.jpgDSC03477.jpg

For your reference, the damage itself is visible here. On the above I tried to show the stitiching.

image1.jpeg

What do you think? Was that me bumping into something? I am quite clumsy at times.

Thank you for your kind comments,

ZRH1

Schipy

Reaction score
Half price most of them.
Lovely! What were the prices like?
Less than half price most of them. Some things in odd styles or widths were cheaper. Unfortunately I have a wide fore foot with slim heel so tend to suffer from heel slippage with a lot of the shoes but I found a couple of pairs of the boots fit well.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks, what are your experiences with London Grain? Softer than country calf? As soft as Utah?

Schipy

Reaction score
Do you know what the defect is? I understand there were issues with this production run (which I was meant to be part of)
I have looked over them and I can't see any defects although the stitching around the welt doesn't seem as clean as some of the other Galways I have. I will upload some photos later for comparison. The leather is also a lot stiffer but maybe it softens up once broken in. I have read the Russian calf is supposed to be quite durable so maybe there is a trade off.

bootyboy

Reaction score
Yes I'm keeping two, possibly three pairs and will be listing the other three to offset my shoe bill :cool:
Lol, that would make sense if all the shoes you listed were same / similar size. I smell a flipper.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I'm keeping two, possibly three pairs and will be listing the other three to offset my shoe bill :cool:
Would have been better off just proxy'ing for the members here 😉

Edit - don't see them anyway
Those Galway’s in RG are spectacular! As Jischwar mentioned, proxying would have guaranteed you a sale to me. I’d definitely have bitten if I knew these were available in my size. Of course to be fair, I know that adds a layer of risk for you as well.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.