• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just put in two Galway MTOs - one 82 and the other 202, but both in F. I hope you're wrong!
I thought you had a pretty standard width foot, just high volume. Why did you go with the 202 in F?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Flat footed, high volume, short toes ?

I have much less experience with EG than @jischwar... having said that, your feet look and sound similar-ish to mine except that I don't have short toes. I'd echo what @jischwar suggested. You should be careful with the 82 last in the standard E width as you are likely to find it too narrow at the midfoot and possibly the ball. I have never tried an F width but that is likely a safer bet for you. I have a pair of 82 last Galways that would be problematic if they were any narrower and my feet are a 10E brannock and seem to be a similar shape to yours judging by your pic.

The 202 last is less certain. It is less tapered at the midfoot and a little wider at the ball. You might be able to wear the standard E width but it would be best to get fitted if you are nearby a stockist.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because I have a wide fit. I could really use the extra 2-3mm of width. We'll see if I was wrong.
I bet you'll really like the 82F then. 202 could be too much, but you'll just have to see when you try them on

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
I have much less experience with EG than @jischwar... having said that, your feet look and sound similar-ish to mine except that I don't have short toes. I'd echo what @jischwar suggested. You should be careful with the 82 last in the standard E width as you are likely to find it too narrow at the midfoot and possibly the ball. I have never tried an F width but that is likely a safer bet for you. I have a pair of 82 last Galways that would be problematic if they were any narrower and my feet are a 10E brannock and seem to be a similar shape to yours judging by your pic.

The 202 last is less certain. It is less tapered at the midfoot and a little wider at the ball. You might be able to wear the standard E width but it would be best to get fitted if you are nearby a stockist.
Awesome this is super helpful. Really appreciate the information given my specs. Looking to own a pair soon and will share here with initial thoughts and impressions ??

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW I find that an F width on 202 feels much wider than an E. More than you would expect from a single width fitting.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW I find that an F width on 202 feels much wider than an E. More than you would expect from a single width fitting.
The difference between E and F has more to do with overall instep volume than it does with just the width of the shoe. I have made the mistake of assuming that width was the only difference and it's not. I once obtained a Chelsea on the (I think) 202 last in an F fitting to compare it to the E fitting I already had, thinking that perhaps it would be slightly more accommodating for my arthritis. My feet swam in the F width shoes. And, even less easily understood, there was a difference in the length of the shoes from the heel to the vamp.

Biogentic

Reaction score
I have EG Lulworth loafer in burnt pine calf (worn 3-4times) and EG Piccadilly in dark oak(new), both uk8.5/9 e, anyone interested to get or exchange, feel free to msg me, getting rid of loafer as I still prefer to wear lace up shoes. I am a US9

ChasingStyle

Reaction score
1624287661103.jpeg

they are so pretty…

ZRH1

Reaction score
I recently purchased my first Piccadilly from Cavour and one shoe is showing this artefact on the internal side, according to my tailor (whom I asked due to his knowledge of stitching and his collaboration with a shoe maker) it is due to the fact that the damaged side is not stitched as tightly as the other one, as shown in these images. NB: the below image has been inverted to best compare it.

DSC03476.jpg DSC03477.jpg

For your reference, the damage itself is visible here. On the above I tried to show the stitiching.

image1.jpeg

What do you think? Was that me bumping into something? I am quite clumsy at times.

Thank you for your kind comments,

ZRH1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads