• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
have been intrigued and persuaded by a few friends about EG. Would like to get some sizing advice for someone who is a 9.5 E/EE brannock. Thanks and I look forward to being involved in this group!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have been intrigued and persuaded by a few friends about EG. Would like to get some sizing advice for someone who is a 9.5 E/EE brannock. Thanks and I look forward to being involved in this group!
Can you give some more characteristics about your feet? Wide ball or toe splay? High volume or not?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flat footed, high volume, short toes 😞
I'd probably start with EG's more voluminous lasts (72 and 202) in size 9/9.5 E and see how those feel. Since you have short toes, I'm hesitant to recommend you sizing up on length. If you are new to EG, they always show a split size, some say it's UK/US. E is their standard width then F for wide. For a last like 82, you may want to try 9/9.5 F to start.

I'd recommend trying a place that allows returns if you can't physically make it to a store. Anyway, hope that helps.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, what are your best fitting shoes/boots and sizes?

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Also, what are your best fitting shoes/boots and sizes?
Viberg 2030 / 1035 / 2040 - 8.5 E (testing out a 9E soon to see if that will give me better width
Alden Barrie - 9E
John Lofgren - 9E

not the best sizing advice but I take usually the manufacturers recommended sizing advice (0.5 - full down from brannock BUT from H2T measurement)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.