• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Rosewood CC vs Redwood Antique.

Anyone here who has both? Trying to decide on the colour for my Dovers....
Pie crust is less pronounced on grained. But cc makes for a better casual shoe. I think that's the decision at hand

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rosewood CC vs Redwood Antique.

Anyone here who has both? Trying to decide on the colour for my Dovers....
I wear my redwood antique Dovers all the time in the spring through early fall. They pair perfectly with cream, tan, and lighter gray trousers for example. Rosewood would be an excellent casual shoe. Depending on the sole, it can look a little heavy to me for the high summer down here in the Southeast. I put my Walnut CC Dovers away in the summer for example (but, admittedly, that's also to make room for summer shoes).

That being said, the correct answer is to get both.

If you must choose, think about what you wear. If it's leans toward more casual fits, go with the rosewood. If you're wearing a sportcoat, tie, and lighter colored trousers everyday, redwood is the obvious choice.

Whitehall

Reaction score
Question to fellow EG-heads.

Which type of lining do you prefer? The smooth kid leather e.g. on the Antique calf dover, or the standard-issue lining (I feel I should know a better term for this) you get on the Utah and London Grain shoes, and perhaps some others?

I find the smooth kid leather to be so much nicer and more comfortable - it massively reduces heat build-up from micro-frictions, in turn preventing blistering, and adds a slight softness for superior comfort, too.

Keen to hear opinions as I suspect too few consider this when buying a pair or commissioning an MTO.

puffy

Reaction score
I wear my redwood antique Dovers all the time in the spring through early fall. They pair perfectly with cream, tan, and lighter gray trousers for example. Rosewood would be an excellent casual shoe. Depending on the sole, it can look a little heavy to me for the high summer down here in the Southeast. I put my Walnut CC Dovers away in the summer for example (but, admittedly, that's also to make room for summer shoes).

That being said, the correct answer is to get both.

If you must choose, think about what you wear. If it's leans toward more casual fits, go with the rosewood. If you're wearing a sportcoat, tie, and lighter colored trousers everyday, redwood is the obvious choice.
Highlighted the conclusion :-D

It's more for casual wear to think I'll go Rosewood...

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Question to fellow EG-heads.

Which type of lining do you prefer? The smooth kid leather e.g. on the Antique calf dover, or the standard-issue lining (I feel I should know a better term for this) you get on the Utah and London Grain shoes, and perhaps some others?

I find the smooth kid leather to be so much nicer and more comfortable - it massively reduces heat build-up from micro-frictions, in turn preventing blistering, and adds a slight softness for superior comfort, too.

Keen to hear opinions as I suspect too few consider this when buying a pair or commissioning an MTO.
I just get the EG green when getting a MTO lol

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These were delivered today, and they make me very happy!
IMG_1195.jpeg

IMG_1196.jpeg

Custom Malvern III on the 202 last, made up in snuff suede and lily-white suede.

MusicMatt97

Reaction score
Here is my first ever pair of Edward Green's! These are the Cherwell chukka boots on the f82 last in mink suede with their in house rubber sole.

Front, staircased.jpeg

This profile shot resembles the in-person coloring the most.
Side view.jpg

I bought these pre-owned from Skoaktiebolaget's website (these are from Patrick Löf's personal collection) without any prior knowledge on how EG's lasts fit me. But thanks to some help from @jischwar and risk taking, the shoe fits superbly. The last and size might not be a permanent fit for me as the suede and lining are quite thin, soft and somewhat forgiving on this pair. But as of now, these work incredibly well for me, and I couldn't be any happier! Can't wait to give these a spin when it starts cooling down!

Some extra pics
Back.jpg
Better sole shot.jpg
Box shot.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is my first ever pair of Edward Green's! These are the Cherwell chukka boots on the f82 last in mink suede with their in house rubber sole.

View attachment 1625023
This profile shot resembles the in-person coloring the most.
View attachment 1625022

I bought these pre-owned from Skoaktiebolaget's website (these are from Patrick Löf's personal collection) without any prior knowledge on how EG's lasts fit me. But thanks to some help from @jischwar and risk taking, the shoe fits superbly. The last and size might not be a permanent fit for me as the suede and lining are quite thin, soft and somewhat forgiving on this pair. But as of now, these work incredibly well for me, and I couldn't be any happier! Can't wait to give these a spin when it starts cooling down!

Some extra pics
View attachment 1625058
View attachment 1625059
View attachment 1625061
Glad to hear they fit, they look fantastic!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.