• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LookOutSpices

Reaction score
Recently got a pair of Chelseas on the 82 last - amazing shoes! Is it worth splurging on EG shoe trees (which are based on the 202/606 lasts from what I've read), or is there a cheaper alternative that works as well?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently got a pair of Chelseas on the 82 last - amazing shoes! Is it worth splurging on EG shoe trees (which are based on the 202/606 lasts from what I've read), or is there a cheaper alternative that works as well?
Personally don't think you need to splurge. A lot of people recommend Woodlore Epic here, I just use the basic Woodlore and have had no issues over the years

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
Get the WOODLORE Ultra. Epics have way too big of a heel I feel which deforms the heel cup of shoes. You can also sand down the ultra heels to get an even better fit. Personally I like the ultras for the made in USA aspect and the high high asymmetrical vamp

Biogentic

Reaction score
Get the WOODLORE Ultra. Epics have way too big of a heel I feel which deforms the heel cup of shoes. You can also sand down the ultra heels to get an even better fit. Personally I like the ultras for the made in USA aspect and the high high asymmetrical vamp
what size to get for woodlore epic or ultra if i am wearing edward green uk9/9.5e or uk8.5/9 e

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This must be UK8.5/9 E? Do you also wear the same size in 184 last? How does the 137 last compared to the 184
Yes. These are 8.5 UK. 137 last feels a lot better. Hard to explain. I couldn’t even try on the 184 for longer than 5 seconds. Felt terrible.

Biogentic

Reaction score
For me the 184 last is working well and always very eager to look at the duke whiskey shell on the 137 but I am worried they are too wide leading to heel slip. Your bannock size is US9 D? For all your other Edward green shoes non loafer are all Uk8.5/9 E?

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This must be UK8.5/9 E? Do you also wear the same size in 184 last? How does the 137 last compared to the 184
184 is narrower for sure. It also has a longer vamp than the 137 so if you have a higher instep, the 137 should be more accommodating. 137 is just a rounder, more traditional type penny loafer last. I can do the 184 but it takes some work to make it fit.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.