• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

reidd

Reaction score
I was toying with the idea of a white suede loafer for casual wear
Is it particularly difficult to pair with tailored pant with cuff? Intend to wear with no show sock.
Depends on what kind of summer trousers you wear. It probably wont work with grey tropicals but would be perfect with seersucker or oxford cloth and maybe even khakis.

Mr_Spud

Reaction score
Would it be accurate to say that a UK 10 in the C&J 325 last is a UK 10.5 in the EG 202 last?

FinerThingsInLife

Reaction score
For the ones of you located in Europe: what are your favorite EG retailers, and the ones that usually have the best stock?
I am a HUGE fan of Degand who are in Brussels, where I have purchased 2 pairs of EG. I'm based out of Toronto, but used to travel frequently to Brussels, and I have to say their selection and level of expertise is great. They have also launched a new on-line store, so you can check them out.

While in Europe, I took it upon myself to use my weekends to visit most of the EG retailers, including the flagship store in London and their store in Paris too (gotta do something with your spare time, right?). I've been to the FransBoone store, which was great, and a totally different vibe to Degand. It would also be worthwhile checking out The Hand in Amsterdam; I like them too and Amsterdam is always a good place to visit :cool: . I also went to Maastricht to look at Shoes&Shirts, but I have found their selection to be small. I haven't had the chance to visit Cavour (ran out of weekends, and didn't get up to Oslo) but they are also highly reputable.....but if you had to push me and say where is the best, or at least the best for me? I'd have to say Degand in Brussels. Their staff is incredibly knowledgeable, they have a wide selection of shoes and sizes, and have great taste in clothing.

Hope this helps.

Biogentic

Reaction score
that is a great selection from degand but is the size listed on the website UK or US size?
for me I do not have any best retailers to speak of as all my purchase is online.. I can only select one that is the cheapest of my desired style and size.

FinerThingsInLife

Reaction score
that is a great selection from degand but is the size listed on the website UK or US size?
for me I do not have any best retailers to speak of as all my purchase is online.. I can only select one that is the cheapest of my desired style and size.
Good clarification....those will be UK sizes...

Mr_Spud

Reaction score
As a general answer, yes.
I’ve seen some folks on this forum ( posts from a while ago ) saying that last is ‘blobby’ when used on EG boots. Bit of a stretch or is the shape that much different from say the classic 64, 72, 82 lasts?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen some folks on this forum ( posts from a while ago ) saying that last is ‘blobby’ when used on EG boots. Bit of a stretch or is the shape that much different from say the classic 64, 72, 82 lasts?
I think it's very close to the 325 last and don't find it blobby. The 64 last, to me, is blobby, the 72 has more volume than 202 and 82 is on the sleeker side.

20210330_110603.jpg

20201112_140659.jpg

20210225_120928.jpg

20201020_121826.jpg

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really do not find the 202 last to be blobby. I agree with @jischwar but would say it's a bit sleeker than 325.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's very close to the 325 last and don't find it blobby. The 64 last, to me, is blobby, the 72 has more volume than 202 and 82 is on the sleeker side.

View attachment 1609230

View attachment 1609231

View attachment 1609233

View attachment 1609234
I really do not find the 202 last to be blobby. I agree with @jischwar but would say it's a bit sleeker than 325.
Agreed. Depending on make-up, 202 can look quite elegant

Case in point:

garigo

Reaction score
I am a HUGE fan of Degand who are in Brussels, where I have purchased 2 pairs of EG. I'm based out of Toronto, but used to travel frequently to Brussels, and I have to say their selection and level of expertise is great. They have also launched a new on-line store, so you can check them out.

While in Europe, I took it upon myself to use my weekends to visit most of the EG retailers, including the flagship store in London and their store in Paris too (gotta do something with your spare time, right?). I've been to the FransBoone store, which was great, and a totally different vibe to Degand. It would also be worthwhile checking out The Hand in Amsterdam; I like them too and Amsterdam is always a good place to visit :cool: . I also went to Maastricht to look at Shoes&Shirts, but I have found their selection to be small. I haven't had the chance to visit Cavour (ran out of weekends, and didn't get up to Oslo) but they are also highly reputable.....but if you had to push me and say where is the best, or at least the best for me? I'd have to say Degand in Brussels. Their staff is incredibly knowledgeable, they have a wide selection of shoes and sizes, and have great taste in clothing.

Hope this helps.
That’s awesome, thanks a lot!

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
202 is a very balanced last. Very English. Don't think it's blobby at all but boots are inherently more blobby than bluchers than oxfords

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.