• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

CWL317

Reaction score
One thing that worked for me was using some trees from my best fitting shoes, in this case Vass F last into the 888 EG’s. They stretched just enough.
Yes that’s what I’ve been doing too, using different trees to stretch the leather.

btw I’ve been comparing the EG trees with C&J trees and they look virtually identical in shape.

reidd

Reaction score
Yes that’s what I’ve been doing too, using different trees to stretch the leather.

btw I’ve been comparing the EG trees with C&J trees and they look virtually identical in shape.
F last is good because it will widen a bit but doesn’t change the toe shape. With EG you are paying a lot for the toe shape so make sure the tree isn’t pushing it out.

Nickd

Reaction score
They are Incotex. I can’t remember what the range is called, but they are slightly lower rise and a bit more casual than their main range. These are in a fairly heavy weight cotton.

Biogentic

Reaction score
I have a pair from years ago when @SpooPoker pointed out a pair on closeout at ralphlauren.com . They are basically a winter spectator shoe, and in the 888 last, they have a fairly chiseled profile, albeit more so with RL who got them in D width versus BB in E. My pair's dark oak is pretty... Dark, so the whole shoe resolves to a more dark than mid brown. I wouldn't wear them wit jeans or unstructured Boglioli sport coats, but I do with more tailored looks.

They do tend to get some attention, but I don't think as much as a white + dark spectator shoe would. I don't think they are really that much more attention grabbing than say GG/AS cherry or Carmina ruby shell

My feet skew narrow, so I am really happy with Spoo putting me onto a pair years ago in D width. If I didn't already have a pair, I'd be struggling mightily with buying a pair now, if he had a 10.5 uk
Yup I intend to wear the harrogate (dark oak+Mink suede) with tailored cuff pant but I am unsure this is best with wool pant? Cotten pant? Linen Pant? What are some of the colour pants that best matches with this correspondent shoe? First time wearing such two tone shoes therefore wouldn’t want to grab too much attention.. therefore would like to ask what do you all normally wear such shoes for?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pondering on an EG Harrogate in mink suede and dark oak... is this more suitable for casual setting? What would you all wear it with? Just find it strange or weird with the suede and calf combination
I’m not a fan. Mixed materials look better with a boot. For one thing, a boot is a larger canvas and there is a clear delineation between the shaft of the boot and the lowers.

The example above comes off as disjointed. I like the shoe. I like dark oak. I LOVE mink suede! I just don’t like them combined as shown.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy