• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the people outside the U.K. - retail is closed except for essentials and internet sales, he can’t try a pair on.

I’d buy the same as your Church’s and then return and size up if you have to. They will be a little more snug but it shouldn’t be as much as half a size.

I’m 45 and own my own house, does that mean I can have as many pairs as I want?
Yeah buddy!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a pair from years ago when @SpooPoker pointed out a pair on closeout at ralphlauren.com . They are basically a winter spectator shoe, and in the 888 last, they have a fairly chiseled profile, albeit more so with RL who got them in D width versus BB in E. My pair's dark oak is pretty... Dark, so the whole shoe resolves to a more dark than mid brown. I wouldn't wear them wit jeans or unstructured Boglioli sport coats, but I do with more tailored looks.

They do tend to get some attention, but I don't think as much as a white + dark spectator shoe would. I don't think they are really that much more attention grabbing than say GG/AS cherry or Carmina ruby shell

My feet skew narrow, so I am really happy with Spoo putting me onto a pair years ago in D width. If I didn't already have a pair, I'd be struggling mightily with buying a pair now, if he had a 10.5 uk

Restocks on Harrogate and Silverstone and more arriving early next week :)

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. Thanks. They’re super comfortable, too.

They are really nice.

But yeah, how is the vampire business in corona? I imagine a lot of vampires have starved to death due to no night-life prey opportunities.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are really nice.

But yeah, how is the vampire business in corona? I imagine a lot of vampires have starved to death due to no night-life prey opportunities.
They are really nice.

622E73CB-DE89-4F1E-832A-4C357F1F68B7.gif

CWL317

Reaction score
They will loosen. I went through the same thing a few months ago with my first pair of EG's. They downright hurt my feet for the first two full day wears. After about wear three, they got better. Now the fit like a glove and are probably my most comfortable fitting shoes. Best of luck!

I’m happy to report that they are starting to feel more comfortable. The left shoe is still quite tight (I think I have a bigger left foot) but the right shoe feels snug rather than tight now. I think it’s because the leather is new. Feeling more hopeful ?

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m happy to report that they are starting to feel more comfortable. The left shoe is still quite tight (I think I have a bigger left foot) but the right shoe feels snug rather than tight now. I think it’s because the leather is new. Feeling more hopeful ?

One thing that worked for me was using some trees from my best fitting shoes, in this case Vass F last into the 888 EG’s. They stretched just enough.

CWL317

Reaction score
One thing that worked for me was using some trees from my best fitting shoes, in this case Vass F last into the 888 EG’s. They stretched just enough.
Yes that’s what I’ve been doing too, using different trees to stretch the leather.

btw I’ve been comparing the EG trees with C&J trees and they look virtually identical in shape.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes that’s what I’ve been doing too, using different trees to stretch the leather.

btw I’ve been comparing the EG trees with C&J trees and they look virtually identical in shape.

F last is good because it will widen a bit but doesn’t change the toe shape. With EG you are paying a lot for the toe shape so make sure the tree isn’t pushing it out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads