• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

mutleybm

Reaction score
Unfortunately their London/Birmingham stores here are a significant distance away by plane for me (I'm from Scotland).

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone able to give me some advice on EG sizing please?

I'm 24, from the UK, looking at buying some new brogues for work and some desert boots for casual wear, I currently only have some Church's Size 10 F on 136 last. I have some low-end desert boots in size 11 and they're a little tight around the toes, so wonder if they'll break in or if I may need to size up. I tend to wear size 12 Chelsea boots too, but these are also low end currently. Casually, I tend to wear the size 12 Chelsea boots or size 13 converse (sorry!), but I want to improve on this.

Can anyone advise on what size I should be aiming for with EG for brogues, desert and Chelsea boots please?
I'm trying to improve my shoe wardrobe currently.
I don’t mean to step out of line here. I really don’t. But, if you’re 24, brother - you don’t need Edward Green. You need to save and invest. I picked up my first pair of EG at the age of 32. Fast forward three years and I have many more, and buying them hasn’t hurt. Not one bit.

Now, if I would have bought a single pair of EG when I was 24, I would have been begging for change on a sidewalk or racking up credit card debt. There are SO many brands you can purchase that will last you a long time, look great, and not cripple you financially.

P.S.: If your daddy’s loaded, or if your have an onlyfans, disregard all of what I just said and buy whatever the fuck you want.

sforum1

Reaction score
Is anyone able to give me some advice on EG sizing please?

I'm 24, from the UK, looking at buying some new brogues for work and some desert boots for casual wear, I currently only have some Church's Size 10 F on 136 last. I have some low-end desert boots in size 11 and they're a little tight around the toes, so wonder if they'll break in or if I may need to size up. I tend to wear size 12 Chelsea boots too, but these are also low end currently. Casually, I tend to wear the size 12 Chelsea boots or size 13 converse (sorry!), but I want to improve on this.

Can anyone advise on what size I should be aiming for with EG for brogues, desert and Chelsea boots please?
I'm trying to improve my shoe wardrobe currently.
What age you are has nothing to do with anything, especially with what your size should be in one brand relative to another.

Very strange.

Also, the same applies to where you are from. So when people don't answer your question straight and comment instead on why you need EG shoes at the age of 24 or why you don't actually go to try the shoes in person if from all places you are from the UK, don't take it the wrong way.

I say buy 2 pairs from each model, one in size 10 and another in 10.5, and the one that does not fit you can donate to charity.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What age you are has nothing to do with anything, especially with what your size should be in one brand relative to another.

Very strange.

Also, the same applies to where you are from. So when people don't answer your question straight and comment instead on why you need EG shoes at the age of 24 or why you don't actually go to try the shoes in person if from all places you are from the UK, don't take it the wrong way.

I say buy 2 pairs from each model, one in size 10 and another in 10.5, and the one that does not fit you can donate to charity.
Whatever, bro. You do you, boo boo.

sforum1

Reaction score
I don’t mean to step out of line here. I really don’t. But, if you’re 24, brother - you don’t need Edward Green. You need to save and invest. I picked up my first pair of EG at the age of 32. Fast forward three years and I have many more, and buying them hasn’t hurt. Not one bit.

Now, if I would have bought a single pair of EG when I was 24, I would have been begging for change on a sidewalk or racking up credit card debt. There are SO many brands you can purchase that will last you a long time, look great, and not cripple you financially.

P.S.: If your daddy’s loaded, or if your have an onlyfans, disregard all of what I just said and buy whatever the fuck you want.
What do you need EG shoes for at the age of 32? How about saving to buy a house or something?

Ever heard of Meermin?

hkoldguy

Reaction score
Unfortunately their London/Birmingham stores here are a significant distance away by plane for me (I'm from Scotland).
Well I think you will be able to enjoy free return without too much hassles locally, probably just try with the normal size you get and see where that gets you. You might also wanna get a tight fit shoes and break it in rather than getting a loose fit shoes that feel comfortable. My first pair of EG was size 10 but as I learnt more and enjoy a better fitted shoes (with better leather creasing), I am now a size 9.

regarding the age when you get your EG, since they will last many years to come, I don’t see why you shouldn’t get a pair when you can afford them.

sforum1

Reaction score
Are EG tin-Wax rebranded Boot black as well?
I think they are. To be honest, I was using some of the BB creams and they ruined the finish of my shoes. I was always using Saphir up until I got a tin of BB cream for free and decided to try it. Will never use it again. And I see no reason to try anything else since I'm super happy with Saphir.

sforum1

Reaction score
I bought one for your mom already.
if I were you I'd be more worried about saving to buy that house so that my mom can come over and stay with me once in a while, not buy shoes for everyone else's mom.

Last edited:

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
please tell me it isn't spreading from the carmina thread, lol

Scuppers

Reaction score
I’m 3, bought my first car; parked in my first garage; replaced my first tyres (burnouts are merciless); bought my first dice; and then, and only then, thought about shoes....

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy