• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

bootyboy

Reaction score
Never heard of it... this one below? Also, they sell polish water??? seriously?

Pretty sure EGs own polish is just boot black rebranded.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I own every product they make, I think. Dumped all my Saphir. As one user above indicated, EG’s own polish is re-branded Boot Black.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, these arrived today. Simply stunning. The Edward Green Galway in black shell cordovan with a black London grain shaft, on the 82 last, and with the R2 rubber sole. I honestly may not even wear these. Too lit.
3EDDB2CD-A7BC-4DFF-9E8B-6C3DEC0D1A04.jpeg
11ABA84D-9CB0-4AFA-9FD2-1E7DDC94F1E3.jpeg
91B45733-BD5C-4E6F-AB6C-1D92E723BF3F.jpeg
88372B77-5157-4E4F-81D5-99E7761D0667.jpeg

Last edited:

Nickd

Reaction score

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

boot black is good stuff. I switched to it a couple of years ago.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, these arrived today. Simply stunning. The Edward Green Galway in black shell cordovan with a black London grain shaft, on the 82 last, and with the R2 rubber sole. I honestly may not even wear these. Too lit.
View attachment 1563456View attachment 1563457View attachment 1563458View attachment 1563459
Stunning indeed. Not a fan of black footwear in general, but IMO black shell is hot. And these being Galway takes them to another level.

Gotta say london grain is perfect for the shaft. Softer than country calf too I imagine?

Nickd

Reaction score
Stunning indeed. Not a fan of black footwear in general, but IMO black shell is hot. And these being Galway takes them to another level.

Gotta say london grain is perfect for the shaft. Softer than country calf too I imagine?
Well put. I like these more than the lighter shell/suede combo that EG do. More practical too.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Much softer. And thank you!

mutleybm

Reaction score
Is anyone able to give me some advice on EG sizing please?

I'm 24, from the UK, looking at buying some new brogues for work and some desert boots for casual wear, I currently only have some Church's Size 10 F on 136 last. I have some low-end desert boots in size 11 and they're a little tight around the toes, so wonder if they'll break in or if I may need to size up. I tend to wear size 12 Chelsea boots too, but these are also low end currently. Casually, I tend to wear the size 12 Chelsea boots or size 13 converse (sorry!), but I want to improve on this.

Can anyone advise on what size I should be aiming for with EG for brogues, desert and Chelsea boots please?
I'm trying to improve my shoe wardrobe currently.

hkoldguy

Reaction score
Is anyone able to give me some advice on EG sizing please?

I'm 24, from the UK, looking at buying some new brogues for work and some desert boots for casual wear, I currently only have some Church's Size 10 F on 136 last. I have some low-end desert boots in size 11 and they're a little tight around the toes, so wonder if they'll break in or if I may need to size up. I tend to wear size 12 Chelsea boots too, but these are also low end currently. Casually, I tend to wear the size 12 Chelsea boots or size 13 converse (sorry!), but I want to improve on this.

Can anyone advise on what size I should be aiming for with EG for brogues, desert and Chelsea boots please?
I'm trying to improve my shoe wardrobe currently.
If you are from the UK why don’t you try them in person?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy