• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had considered the Shoreditch as well. After applying the SF level of scrutiny to such a critical life decision, I think I came to the conclusion that the 82 last would be somewhat limiting and I wouldn't ever wear them with denim. That's also my hangup about the utah Galway.

If I didn't already have a Dover that fits in this niche, I would really consider the London grain Dover on the EG site. It even has the tapered rubber sole, which I think looks so much better than Dainite.
Honestly, I think a Galway on the 82 looks good with denim but if you can't picture yourself wearing it then it's a no-go. @nishant has some great pics in this thread pairing Galway on 82 with denim, if you need some inspiration.

CLTesquire

Reaction score
Honestly, I think a Galway on the 82 looks good with denim but if you can't picture yourself wearing it then it's a no-go. @nishant has some great pics in this thread pairing Galway on 82 with denim, if you need some inspiration.
@nishant is an inspiring fellow. I have consulted his IG pics a couple times during my search.

In my mind I think of the 82 last as too pointy. I should just see what my Chelsea’s look like with denim rather than trying to imagine it.

Phoenician

Reaction score
I know in some makers, shell shoes/boots have a touch more room in them on the same last versus calf. Anyone care to comment if you've found this to be the case with EG?

michaelvl

Reaction score
202 lasted Galways, very nice!

I ordered almost the exact same make-up also on the 202, the only difference is that mine will be made in Dark Oak antique instead of in Burnt Pine. They should be ready within a fortnight.
Had almost forgotten ordering them.

My anticipation however has now skyrocketed thanks to the last few posts here. :bounce2:

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered almost the exact same make-up also on the 202, the only difference is that mine will be made in Dark Oak antique instead of in Burnt Pine. They should be ready within a fortnight.

My anticipation however has now skyrocketed thanks to the last few posts here. :bounce2:
Best of luck! After a shoe polish, they darkened up a bit and look almost like DOAK.

ryanluo23

Reaction score

Don't forget to show and tell when you get them...

Mine says hi from the closet

michaelvl

Reaction score
Don't forget to show and tell when you get them...

Mine says hi from the closet
Yours are looking sweet!
I'll certainly post a couple of pics of them once they are in!

JChong8

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’ve never posted in here before but I just found these today and wondered if those in here with much more knowledge than myself could offer me some information about what I have here.

I found these today at a thrift store for $18. The thing I know for sure is this guy needed some damn shoe trees.

C27DC6C6-AFE4-45F9-BE96-B66F07E78BEC.jpeg
02699649-8138-4BFA-8194-4C632AC8678D.jpeg
17C5C060-9046-4679-8213-CE7342A026DE.jpeg
D3FA9C93-EC1C-465A-80ED-752D5264AD84.jpeg

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just picked up this rlpl suit at deep discount so I'd have something to wear for summer events, but haven't ever worn a light suit like this before and am also colorblind. What color EGs would go best with this?
If you are wearing blue shirts, navy suede shoes will work really well.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.