• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ducatiti looks like I was wrong about BB sizing. I found pictures of a pair of BB Galway I used to own couple of years ago. EG Box shows standard EG size 8.5/9 E82 (E width), but BB price sticker lists US length (9) and UK width (E). I forgot I had this picture as I bought and sold this boot BNIB. At the time I couldn't stomach paying $775 shipped for a pair of non-shell boots 🤦‍♂️

Hopefully BB screwed up description on their website and listed your pair in UK size

View attachment 1400511
Funny how that works... bet you are kicking yourself now!😂😂😂

ducatiti

Reaction score
@ducatiti looks like I was wrong about BB sizing. I found pictures of a pair of BB Galway I used to own couple of years ago. EG Box shows standard EG size 8.5/9 E82 (E width), but BB price sticker lists US length (9) and UK width (E). I forgot I had this picture as I bought and sold this boot BNIB. At the time I couldn't stomach paying $775 shipped for a pair of non-shell boots 🤦‍♂️

Hopefully BB screwed up description on their website and listed your pair in UK size

View attachment 1400511
So the merchandise shipped today for delivery on Monday, June 8... Wohooo!

I'm not familiar with shoe stretching, but would this option work for these particular pair of EG's. I plan to purchase a shoe stretcher from Woodlore. A good time to order boot shoe trees too :p

flylikeneagle

Reaction score
So the merchandise shipped today for delivery on Monday, June 8... Wohooo!

I'm not familiar with shoe stretching, but would this option work for these particular pair of EG's. I plan to purchase a shoe stretcher from Woodlore. A good time to order boot shoe trees too :p
You could give it a shot, but if you stretch the shoes and they're still too tight you may not be able to return them.

Phileas Fogg

Reaction score
Don’t stretch them. Return them if you can. To paraphrase the great lawyer, if the shoe don’t fit.....

even on sale you’re still paying good money. Don’t force It. It’s either meant to be or it isn’t.

ducatiti

Reaction score
Don’t stretch them. Return them if you can. To paraphrase the great lawyer, if the shoe don’t fit.....

even on sale you’re still paying good money. Don’t force It. It’s either meant to be or it isn’t.
Advice taken, or probably sell them. Sorry for the excitement as I have never bought shoes with trees included :)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.