• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

George Red

Reaction score
Contrasting the Snuff with the Oyster makes the Snuff look quite dark. Appreciate you taking the time to do this.
No worries! You’re absolutely right. What’s funny is that the snuff looks quite dark only because the oyster suede is so light! It’s almost a light beige suede.

Mallaig

Reaction score
No worries! You’re absolutely right. What’s funny is that the snuff looks quite dark only because the oyster suede is so light! It’s almost a light beige suede.
I have never seen the oyster suede in real life. It does look great.

Your picture made me go back and look at the contrast between Snuff and Mink suede.

IMG_0945 (1).jpeg

Jasonftw

Reaction score
I bought those same snuff suede 202s last week but they were a little dark and had too much of a red tone for me. Beautiful shoe though for sure.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those actually clearance prices? Th e shoes above look like C&J.

George Red

Reaction score
I looked at those F&S items. They don’t take PayPal, so I passed.

turk malloy

Reaction score
Do they just take C&J and EG shoes and change the label? Some of those look like they are just straightforward EG stock models for roughly the same prices

Phileas Fogg

Reaction score
Do they just take C&J and EG shoes and change the label? Some of those look like they are just straightforward EG stock models for roughly the same prices
typically shoes made for a private label will be specific to that label. Think of it as a large MTO order. It may be something such as a specific color, material or sole or on a particular last. The same way you would place an individual MTO order. So your observation shouldn't come as a surprise.

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked at those F&S items. They don’t take PayPal, so I passed.
Not so weird to be honest. PayPal recently changed their policies. As a online retailer you get charged a substantial amount of fees. If the product is returned, you would previously have the fees refunded, but not anymore. I'd quit PayPal too.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.