• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

JohnFM

Reaction score
For those with longer term experience with the Dover or Galway, I'm interested in knowing how much stretch to expect with time and wear. The Dover is London Grain on R2 and the Galway is Utah on Dainite. Thanks very much.

Iadbound

Reaction score
GeorgeRed declared that the unlined Dover's wore like a comfortable pair of slippers, and while I wouldn't exactly say slipper, they are very comfortable right of the box. My DOAK Dover on the HAF sole definitely needed some time to soften up, but the unlined suede is almost like a completely different shoe.

Now, I just need them in Tobacco, Clove, Snuff, Army Green . . . .

CLTesquire

Reaction score
I can’t help but think these would have looked so bad ass with light brown soles and light brown laces. Am I wrong here?
I initially thought the same. There's a Duke loafer in mink with the light brown sole and I think it's basically perfect for summer. My one hesitation on this Dover is the dark sole. Steve had the snuff unlined last year but also with a dark sole. I had a pair made with the light sole and I really think it's superior for the summer.

Now, if someone planned to wear that mink Dover year around (and no reason they couldn't) then a dark sole is the way.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GeorgeRed declared that the unlined Dover's wore like a comfortable pair of slippers, and while I wouldn't exactly say slipper, they are very comfortable right of the box. My DOAK Dover on the HAF sole definitely needed some time to soften up, but the unlined suede is almost like a completely different shoe.

Now, I just need them in Tobacco, Clove, Snuff, Army Green . . . .
I stand by my declaration!

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm itching for the cognac cordovan/snuff suede Galway. Does anyone have it that wouldn't mind sharing pictures? Or, alternatively, any cognac cordovan EG whatsoever? Thank you.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.