• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dipped my toes in the big-boy pool today. My first pair of EG's. Thanks to @George Red and @oskrusa for their help in sizing as well as patiently answering my questions........

20200304_175536.jpg
20200304_183920.jpg
20200304_183931.jpg
20200304_184151.jpg
20200304_185315.jpg

I'm an Alden guy but my goodness, I certainly see why EG has such a passionate following. These things are flawless and feel amazing. Ordered these Sunday night from Cavour in Norway and they were delivered today. How the heck does that happen????

Iadbound

Reaction score
Dipped my toes in the big-boy pool today. My first pair of EG's. Thanks to @George Red and @oskrusa for their help in sizing as well as patiently answering my questions........

View attachment 1349648 View attachment 1349649 View attachment 1349650 View attachment 1349651 View attachment 1349652

I'm an Alden guy but my goodness, I certainly see why EG has such a passionate following. These things are flawless and feel amazing. Ordered these Sunday night from Cavour in Norway and they were delivered today. How the heck does that happen????
Fantastic choice. I got the same one as my first Galway. So naturally I had to get another one. :rolleyes:

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1349648 View attachment 1349649 View attachment 1349650 View attachment 1349651 View attachment 1349652

Woah! Enjoy, dude! Those are beautiful! We have to get together and have drinks sometime soon wearing our EG.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Those look amazing! Congrats.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ that’s a helluva first dip! I love the shearling.
Fantastic choice. I got the same one as my first Galway. So naturally I had to get another one. :rolleyes:
Woah! Enjoy, dude! Those are beautiful! We have to get together and have drinks sometime soon wearing our EG.
Those look amazing! Congrats.

Much thanks guys. Really appreciate it. I am absolutely thrilled with these and hope this is not the beginning of the slippery-slope. @George Red , you're on. First rounds on me!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look darker than I would have expected with Clove Suede. Is this the actual color ?

I'm not much with the camera but yes, the color displayed in the images is the true color.

tonicab

Reaction score
Anybody knows where can I get galway shoe laces? No stock in everywhere.
Similar shoe laces.

tonicab

Reaction score
I think any 110 cm round laces could be ok, but I prefer original EG laces. I will ask to official web.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think any 110 cm round laces could be ok, but I prefer original EG laces. I will ask to official web.

I disagree that any such laces will do. EG's laces are incredibly robust and appear to be immune to the typical speedhook cuts that plagues most laces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads