• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a fair question and to start my response I would preface that individual context plays a major role. For my experiences, outside of the office I’m a distance runner and spend a considerable about of time on feet. My feet are continually adapting to that stress stimuli and may be a bit ‘sensitive’ vs norm. I find that the cork footbed and leather sole to mold to my foot shape, offering more support, compared to the R1. I associate the perceived difference, based on my experiences, with the material in this case rubber vs. leather. Again, IMO, the differences are very marginal and would not deter my purchase on the basis of comfort alone.
Interesting perspective, one I hadn’t considered anyway. This may be a factor in my preference for leather, as I overwhelmingly choose leather when available.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
Do you own the C&J Harvard or Harvard 2? If so, what's the instep like on it?
Not directed towards me, but I own the Harvard 2. Instep works for me and I have quite the high instep. I would say it is wider in the Forefoot (think 202 last) and heels initially exhibit slippage. Break in very quickly though.

jischwar

Reaction score
Not directed towards me, but I own the Harvard 2. Instep works for me and I have quite the high instep. I would say it is wider in the Forefoot (think 202 last) and heels initially exhibit slippage. Break in very quickly though.
Thanks, that's helpful. How did you size them?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.