• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Felt "a bit blue (and Green)" today, so I took this pic. EG Galway in midnight blue (antique) and navy suede from Leffot. Accompanying timepiece is the Nautilus (with classic blue/green dial) by Patek Philippe.
winner!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The good news is that DHL just delivered my my Nevis in Mahogany Country Calf on the 606 last. The bad news is I got dinged $367 ($212 for duty, $145 for taxes plus $10 for a handling fee).
]http:// [/URL]
its boots like this why EG remains by the opinion of many - the best shoemaker in the world - despite terrible c.s.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi, I'm cross posting from the Edwards of Manchester sale thread since I realized this one is more appropriate (mods pls delete if I made a mistake). I'm looking to get my first pair of EGs, but am having trouble deciding on some options, and am wondering if and fellow SFers can chime in. 1) Galway or Alderley? I already have 2 pairs of rugged/casual captoe boots, but no brogues or wingtips. There's not much info on the Alderleys, but here's a photo: 2) Upper/lower leathers: a) chocolate nubuck/burnt pine, or b) rosewood country/antique nightshade calf? I'm looking to have something that can show off EG's burnishing the best and be versatile at the same time. Saw the nightshade color posted before here: and according to Leffot's it's something like dark purple, burgundy. I have a lot of #8 cordovans and this looks to be different enough. 3) I'm size 8.5 on Alden Barrie last. Would it be right to get 888 lasted in size 8E? Thanks in advance for your help!
what did you end up choosing?

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The walnut country calf/dark oak might be the most perfect stock combination for the Galway. ?

True indeed.

I'm not a Galway fan as much as many on here, but, should I ever purchase a Galway, it will be this combination.

dlm4114

Reaction score

Thanks ddd! Don't need Galways, I have Islays. :)

Actually been thinking of a new purchase since I passed a professional exam recently. My options are:
-Dover in Edwardian or Maple (probably need to MTO)
-Tan balmoral wingtip: thinking Vass #75, Carmina, or C&J Clifford
-Alden #8 wingtip boots
-Galway with double leather (not Dainite) soles (again, probably need to MTO)

No rush as I'm moving to MI in a few months so I'm trying to hold any purchases until after the move.

I wore the tan Cliffords to a wedding this weekend and they went over really well. Great shoes. If you end up going with the Galway let me know, been spending a lotta time looking at EG boots lately.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Edward Green Galway, they were edwardian ^ beautiful polish

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Galways are a work of art.

Jagger_On

Reaction score
^Those galways in nightshade up there are pretty much exactly what I was thinking about with my previous post in this thread. Beautiful.

Here's mine from the weekend.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is that midnight and navy suede? I think that's my favorite Galway so far...

Yes, I can't decide if the midnight or the olive are my favorite.
lookaround.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
midnight fa sho only because they may be a more natural fit with jeans..

dlm4114

Reaction score
Agreed re: jeans, but I'm pretty sure I'd wear those to a wedding too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics