• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

jimney

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with the heels of the R1 rubber sole? The outermost rubber layer has separated at the back of the heel on both of my Dovers.

It looks like it’s extending back past the leather part a bit now, I’m wondering if the changes in temperature had anything to do with it.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Interesting. I have a 32 from some years back that fits perfectly, and I have a fairly wide forefoot. Of course, I now fit the resinated 82E perfectly, and while the new 202E is OK, 202D is even better, to my surprise.

My main question is if the 32 has become wider recently along with some of the other lasts.
Another query about resinated 88s. I found a lovely neglected pair in my closet that is 11.5/12 E. Now, I fit in the 11 E for 82 pretty well, and 11 D 202 even better. So should I try to downsize the new 88, if there is such a thing? I suppose I could see if Foster is using that again to check out fit, but has any 88 partisan lived through orders in the last few years?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.