1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. smoothie1

smoothie1 Distinguished Member

Go slow and be careful. You might as well wear them, get them dirty, then engage in the whole deep clean with shampoo, if you must. Good luck.

2. dalevy

dalevy Distinguished Member

Also

Just fyi, given that you are spraying them with suede protector, I don't think those loafers are meant for extensive outdoor use like a goodyear welted model would be. If you already know this and are planning on wearing them only indoors or while traveling or something, and are still spraying them for whatever reason, then ignore me and carry on.

3. helloiamalvin

helloiamalvin Member

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I really do not know why I sprayed them in the first place. As I have said, I am a big novice. It saddens me and I do regret spraying them; that is why I am trying to remedy the issue, if that is possible at all.

4. Article 26

Article 26 Senior Member

Dalevy is quite right, Portland are slippers.
    Your first EG?

5. helloiamalvin

helloiamalvin Member

Yup

6. Article 26

Article 26 Senior Member

There exists an “offical shoe care thread”, search for it, you’ll receive the best advice there - many knowledgeable voices including actual shoe makers.
    Good luck.

7. crdb

crdb Distinguished Member

Tea/coffee/whisky spills happen indoors. Or other things if you have young children.

I read somewhere about a guy who spilled some petrol on his shoe whilst filling the car, and there wasn't a trace because he had mirror-finished the shoe, providing a protective layer of smooth wax. He claimed thereafter that mirror finishing had a purpose other than aesthetic and was therefore fully justified on all shoes for practical reasons.

8. Misterg12

Misterg12 Distinguished Member

I work in auto sales and spilling gas on my shoes is a big fear . I have an awfully wide stance at the pump that I’m sure looks a little peculiar:)