1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors, Mangue Lucy and Sons of Henrey We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Mangue Lucy, an international design collaboration based in Milan that focuses on creating fine ready-to-wear, sourcing top-quality materials and working with exceptional production facilities in Italy to offer honest, modern, and quality casual-wear, and Sons of Henrey a contemporary footwear brand, committed to producing a shoe of timeless elegance, at exceptional value.

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. andrewmrsid

andrewmrsid Senior Member

They certainly can, if your looking around online better try Italian sites. Otherwise, you can always make one

2. andrewmrsid

andrewmrsid Senior Member

I've seen a few juniper samples, this picture is close but doesn't quite capture the touch of sage that's in it, love it more than my old olive antiques, which can read green with a lot more blue in it. Great color probably one I'll run next fall

3. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

The don’t see any reason why you wouldn’t be. The Dover would make an excellent choice for your first shoe if that’s the one you want. But so would any of the upteen whatever they make. The thing is what style are you looking for, what’s its intended purpose and what do you like? Just make sure it fits.

Ideas are plenty and it really is an open book. There are no wrong choices w\Edward Green that is as long as it fits.

4. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Distinguished Member

Just took delivery of chestnut Utah dovers, this being my first experience with the leather. It appears very soft and this pair being unlined kind of makes me nervous has anyone had issues with the leather tearing?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018

5. c21ban

c21ban Senior Member

24890217-D4D4-4C17-A8C9-B87B8A2EAD99.jpeg Giving a shout-out to @Brianpore (forum member) and his site Tailored Consignment. He just sent me these LIKE NEW EG Galway Boots that were better than anticipated at a more than reasonable price. Thanks Brian!

6. steveyoo1983

steveyoo1983 Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018

7. Misterg12

Misterg12 Distinguished Member

Man I almost went for those but went to Look for them the next day and they were gone. Those are the D width correct? Congratulations!! Beautiful boot.

8. c21ban

c21ban Senior Member

Thanks and yes, they were “D” width. I actually took a chance as the 82 Last in 11UK is usually too snug but these were a perfect fit!

Brian is great to work with also. Even included a pair of EG Trees which was an unexpected bonus.

9. Misterg12

Misterg12 Distinguished Member

You do very well on the purchase. Wear them in good health.

10. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Glad you like them and they fit well. Those were some beautiful boots!

11. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Was coffee suede discontinued? If so, did anything replace it?

12. R W-E

R W-E Active Member

Yes, Coffee suede went out a year or so ago - and it's been replaced by Snuff suede. I've got a pair of Snuff Belgravias which are rather fantastic.

13. R W-E

R W-E Active Member

If it's any consolation, in three years of working at the Jermyn St. store I never once saw a pair of anything in Utah which had torn!

14. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Thanks, for a few years I considered getting something made up in coffee suede, but never got around to it.

How would you compare snuff suede to tobacco suede? Is one more seasonal? Trying to assess the difference and determine which one to go for. Thinking of either a Camden or one of the slip on models.

15. R W-E

R W-E Active Member

No problem! I'd say Snuff is better than Tobacco: the former has a darker colour & richer texture, which therefore means it's more versatile and works well with a greater range of colours. To my mind, Tobacco was always a bit too bright and only worked as a Spring/Summer colour.

I have seen a Camden and a Piccadilly in Snuff - both look really good.