• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like a pair of those myself. Are they available anywhere without going mto?
The last heard was a couple, three years ago. Skoak had sourced a small supply of the leather. See the Skoak thread under "Zug".

michaelvl

Reaction score
My current favourite Galway is a 64 lasted one in Rosewood Country Calf. I have 2 other Galways, one on the 82 in DOAK and Walnut CC and another on the 888 in Bronze. My Rosewood Galway's are currently my favourite E.G.'s. They also get by a huge margin the most attention from random strangers of all my Edward Greens, which came as huge surprise to me as I have a lot of classic and sleeker E.G.'s in my collection. Since owning them my other Galway's hardly get any wear.

Frans Boon (NL/BE) has them in Rosewood on the 64 as well as on 82 if by any chance you are interested in picking up a pair.

khakisofcarmel

Reaction score
My current favourite Galway is a 64 lasted one in Rosewood Country Calf. I have 2 other Galways, one on the 82 in DOAK and Walnut CC and another on the 888 in Bronze. My Rosewood Galway's are currently my favourite E.G.'s. They also get by a huge margin the most attention from random strangers of all my Edward Greens, which came as huge surprise to me as I have a lot of classic and sleeker E.G.'s in my collection. Since owning them my other Galway's hardly get any wear.

Frans Boon (NL/BE) has them in Rosewood on the 64 as well as on 82 if by any chance you are interested in picking up a pair.

Same here! I was hesitant when ordering the 64 last RWCC Galway's, was a bit afraid of the toebox looking too round or bulbous when compared to the likes of my 82 last DOAK Galway's. The rosewood pair gets more compliments, and feels a bit more comfortable on those long days. The ridgeway sole also gets some attention. Your pair on the 888 in Bronze sounds interesting....

Last edited:

michaelvl

Reaction score
Same here! I was hesitant when ordering the 64 last RWCC Galway's, was a bit afraid of the toebox looking too round or bulbous when compared to the likes of my 82 last DOAK Galway's. The rosewood pair gets more compliments, and feels a bit more comfortable on those long days. The ridgeway sole also gets some attention. Your pair on the 888 in Bronze sounds interesting....

Here are a couple of shots of my Bronze Galways after quite a bit of wear. The HAF sole have worn to about the thickness of a single sole and the the leather has patinated to a deep chocolate brown. They are going for a resole sole, I hope the HAF sole can be replaced with a B1 as I am not a huge fan of tapered soles.

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2125.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of shots of my Bronze Galways after quite a bit of wear. The HAF sole have worn to about the thickness of a single sole and the the leather has patinated to a deep chocolate brown. They are going for a resole sole, I hope the HAF sole can be replaced with a B1 as I am not a huge fan of tapered soles.

View attachment 828616

View attachment 828617

View attachment 828618

View attachment 828619

View attachment 828620
Very nice and nice to see some boots that have been worn! Around here many of us have a large collection and none get worn too much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics