• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strolled down to Jermyn Street today, was a bit bored so took my daughters out for a trip and a meal. Found a Sale was on at Edward Green, and beleive it or not, I wanted to get a pair of these and they were there on sale. Duke, lined, mink suede, single leather sole. Could not beleive my luck. :)

View attachment 810051
If you do not mind me asking, how much were these on sale? Thanks

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMG_2747.JPG

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Could you please describe your instep (low or high) as well as let me know which last that is? Cheers :)

A reasonably high instep methinks and these are Inverness on the 888 last, thanks.

tofulo

Reaction score
Before commissioning a 82 F lasted MTO I had tried the 82 E in-store, it was apparent they were a dreadful fit and that, perhaps, an F would be enough to correct this. I was in a state of delusion, not only was the width required but the extra room for my in-step coupled with some length in general. As I said, the MTO was a balls up and my nephew now wears them. 82 last and I now understand oneanother better, it is a great last and the 8.5E fits wonderfully (F is better, but not too necessary for a shoe that is not rotated often).

Good luck.

Thanks for the insight. My decision now is either to stretch my current left shoe (UK 6.5, E) or size up half a size. I'm guessing going up half a size mostly affects the length rather than width correct?

atia2

Reaction score
It's official: the 202 is a great last. Second wear of my Dovers yesterday - which included 10 miles pounding the London streets - felt like walking on air. And, at size 12, it doesn't look stubby.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
202 has great comfort, but I just can't imagine it works as my best dress shoes

insy

Reaction score
A reasonably high instep methinks and these are Inverness on the 888 last, thanks.

Would you say that the lacing will remain the way it is for you in the future or will it tighten up more? The reason I am asking is because I have a low instep, but if yours are already broken in the last might actually be fine for me :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads