• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HenrikThiberg

Reaction score
Chartwell berry suede monk strap
IMG_2249_zps6acktpug.jpg

IMG_2246_zpstfdrquwn.jpg
wow, i love the colour its very classic.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do people think of the new Redwood color? I am really liking it. Considering either the Dover (already have 3 other pairs in gold Delapre, Mahogany CC and mink suede) or Camden. Alternatively, thinking about second Galway (have Burgundy with Burgundy Utah) and looking at Chestnut Utah, Mink and snuff suede. Haven't bought anything since last fall and need something to brighten up my life.

I think the Redwood is incredible. Steve at Gentlemen's Footwear is about to receive some of the Redwood Dovers. I really like the Cadogan they've been advertising in it as well.

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do people think of the new Redwood color? I am really liking it. Considering either the Dover (already have 3 other pairs in gold Delapre, Mahogany CC and mink suede) or Camden. Alternatively, thinking about second Galway (have Burgundy with Burgundy Utah) and looking at Chestnut Utah, Mink and snuff suede. Haven't bought anything since last fall and need something to brighten up my life.
I saw a redwood dover at trunk show recently and it looked very good.
I am not even a huge fan of dovers but the redwood one looked very good.
I believe GF has one in incoming in stock as well

20170429_155318.jpg

A snuff suede galway is also great.
I had one made from GF last year

20161228_202247.jpg

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What do you gentlemen think of the below EG Longmoors? I picked them up at Brooks during a recent sale. Walnut country calf on the 202 with metal toe taps already installed. They also came with shoe trees all for barely over the cost of a new pair of Vass.

I know it's an excellent deal but I'm worried my knowledge it was an excellent deal is influencing my feelings on the shoes. I think they look excellent, the fit is excellent, and I have nothing in grain so they fill that hole.

However it's the HAF sole instead of rubber (something in my mind thinks grain deserves a rubber sole of some ilk) and the 202 isn't the sleekest last out there by any means. That and they aren't the most useful thing for spring/summer and I like immediate gratification on things.

So I'm a little torn and looking for some feedback/validation.

View attachment 645637 View attachment 645638

Nice look. If the deal is that good, have them re-soled as you like and come out ahead. Personally, I hate Dainite and HAF, so I'd do the smoother city rubber sole (used to be Thames) or non-tapered leather-- either heavy single or double.

But you'll have time to think that over.

Mr Tewkesbury

Reaction score
GF, wow! Even taking into consideration the AUD, GF prices are very good. My local (and only EG retailer) is somewhat dearer.
And the selection, wonderful! (Not to mention the sale items)

Mr Tewkesbury

Reaction score
I cannot adequately express how helpful I have found this site. From the Lobb & Green appreciation threads I have learned more than I care to admit.
Thank you, all!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads