• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

your are just paranoid. Just use an insert on the offending foot to take up the volume.

I know I am but I would hate to do that and wear them and they not work.

Dr they fit well through the foot but just slip out when I walk.

And I'm not trying to rip anyone off. I bought em when Edwards of Manchester had their sale and paid $700 so I just want that back.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

your are just paranoid. Just use an insert on the offending foot to take up the volume.

You are right bro. My bontoni single monks have a little room also

18E5AC0F-9D8E-40B5-AF37-43FD5096EB10-20871-0000095408CCE68F_zpsf4e7a2f7.jpg

I guess hearing that plus wearing these confirmed it for me

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting my burgundy Inverness soon in addition to a couple of shoe trees; C&J Weymouth are keeping them company on the flight.

Junior

Reaction score

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shearling Galways out to play again:
i really appericate people use nice boots for the snowy weather. But does heavy snow damages the leather sole? I am always wary to get any good shoe soaking in water on the street. Especially with salt and mud on the floor that is hard to prevent in snowy pavement.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Especially with salt and mud on the floor that is hard to prevent in snowy pavement.

I think that's the big thing. I am more hesitant to wear smart shoes in the winter here in NYC because of the salt. However, if I was walking around some beautiful powder in Colorado falls on my shoes, I wouldn't mind too much.

If I was wearing shell on the other hand...

CTBrummie

Reaction score
i really appericate people use nice boots for the snowy weather. But does heavy snow damages the leather sole? I am always wary to get any good shoe soaking in water on the street.

Especially with salt and mud on the floor that is hard to prevent in snowy pavement.

The boots have got Dainite Ridgeway soles, so are fine with water. And I'd not buy an outdoor boot that couldn't withstand a little salt and mud, with the appropriate treatment of course...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads