1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, looking good in your nst

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

good looking wardrobe

3. laufer

laufer Senior member

Just to make sure we are on the same page, this is Lord Aportnoy's wardrobe.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  4. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Actually seen these from AP's previous posts. Seems to have variations between acorn and maple. Anyone have in vivo pics of these shoes?

I had an OLD Hugo Boss (yes, they collaborated with good manufacturers in the past) pair of blucher Austerity wingtips in a color close to EG's maple. The leather started off relatively light but man, after a few months they developed a nice patina the shoes looked great! Too bad couldn't make the last trunk show at Leffot to see the leathers in person...

5. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

I wrote to customer service on the EG site and my question was forwarded to, and answered by, Hilary himself.

6. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

What did Hilary write?

7. labravajazz

labravajazz Senior member

HIMself?!!! ever met Hilary?

8. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

Here SHE is (opening the video):

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

9. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

The one second from the left is not only a beautiful colour but it is also a lovely shoe, may I please know what model this is? Thank you great collection enjoy and thanks for sharing.

10. gusvs

gusvs Senior member

Here you go:
    [​IMG]

11. laufer

laufer Senior member

I think it's Falkirk but I am not 100% sure those are Aportnoy's shoes

12. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

wear in good health

13. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

I'm going to date myself here and guess that those are the Asprey wingtips - I believe the medallion was a cursive letter "A" (this might be wishful thinking on my part), and the shoes were in acorn with a light/natural welt and double sole. If I again recall correctly, Aportnoy actually kicked off that feeding frenzy back in the day - Asprey still had a shop on 5th Avenue back then and put the EGs on sale for something crazy like $349 or $399. Someone can probably run a search on the shoe damage thread to confirm, but you can see some pretty good pics of the shoes here:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?53000-Edward-Green-for-Asprey-12D

And here is the acorn leather after 25 years and a refurbishing by Edward Green:

http://uptowndandy.blogspot.com/2011/07/vintage-edward-greens-windsor-redux.html

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  14. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

You are right - those are the brogued, wing-tipped Adelaide shoes EG did make for Asprey, at around 2004. They also produced that same design in a dark brown suede.

The medallion is a funny one, from the wearer's viewpoint it's an elaborate letter 'A'; from the onlooker's viewpoint it is a rather overweight bumble bee. I do have the boots (also in acorn), from the same collection made for Asprey, which sport that same medallion.

15. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

I have a pair of galways coming soon. I am not sure why but I have been drooling over the tan cliffords, that would be my pick.

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

The first pair is incredible and in my size... Where are you EG asprey shoe in my size?

17. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Fantastic! Which specs?

18. bespoken pa

Walnut country calf, dark oak, leather soles 82 last with a full sock liner.

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ cant go wrong with that? The walnut country calf/dark oak might be the most perfect stock combination for the Galway. What a full sock liner? Does it extend to the ankle?

20. bespoken pa

The full sock liner runs from the heal to the toe. My other egs fit great but I was advised the 82 ran a little long compared to the 202. When I tried a pair of 82 lasted galways the toe box had a little more room in the toe box than I would like, my sa recommended the full liner to eat up some of the room. I emailed eg directly and they confirmed the full liner would remedy the problem.