1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Those are just lovely. Honestly, I am not sure why the Nevis doesn't get as much attention as it's Galway friend.

-Mike

2. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

Nice score... Looks like they were a MTO with the EG green lining.

3. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

I agree Mike, the Nevis has a great and unique look to it... What's your thoughts on the new Albion boot? I'm thinking of doing a MTO in black shell...

4. mdubs

Hah. I had to look up the Albion as I am still learning the names.

Personally I think that it's a nice Boot, but it reminds me a lot of the AE Eagle County, which personally has a certain association to me.

It's definitely a clean Boot with a great line to it. I personally already have the Alden 4065, so it doesn't offer something super unique over what I have unless you are doing multiple materials there.

-Mike

5. JayDotz

JayDotz Senior member

Thanks! They are actually from a collection/collaboration they did in 2014 with Michael Wong. I'm not sure who he is but it appears he is a Chinese actor.

There is a guy on eBay based out of Hong Kong that is constantly selling brand new shoes in all kinds of rare make ups and we are the same size. I could go broke just buying from him. These ended up a decent price so I couldn't resist.

I agree Mike. I was initially lured away from Alden's by the Galway but after some time the Nevis really started to appeal to me. It combines the signature elements of the Galway and the Dover in such a great way.

There aren't many stockist making the Nevis. Leffot did a couple recently but I don't think they sold that well. A bunch ended up in the winter sale.

6. Wesley Crusher

Wesley Crusher Senior member

Dang. Those are beautiful. Nice score! [​IMG]

7. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

Leffot chose to make the Nevis in a unusual/less popular color (green), which is why that might have sold slowly or poorly. But Leffot had other colors and materials as well.

The Nevis is one of the more expensive shoes that EG makes that is leather, and it's not a stock item (or it has not been in the past). Its price and styling might cause it to have a more narrow appeal. Lining it in shearling makes the Nevis more expensive and even less versatile.

I like the Nevis. On occasion in the past, Edward Green has offered the Nevis in walnut country calf, dark oak, chestnut, or burnt pine through their stores. Otherwise, it was not common to see a retailer stock it until the last couple years. Also, Skoaktiebolaget completed a couple GMTOs of the Nevis when they carried Edward Green. Basically, I think this was mainly a MTO style in years past.

8. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Personally I prefer the G&G Thorpe on the MH71 over the Nevis and the fact I was able to get it in oak Kudu was definitely a bonus in my opinion. I would post a picture but photobucket is experiencing some issues right now.

Since it's working.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  9. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

Great score. I was watching that auction as well. Personally, I love the Nevis.

10. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Senior member

@mdubs Those look even better on you than they did in the first pics you took. How do you feel after your inaugural Galway experience?

11. heelguy

heelguy Senior member

Those Nevis are beautiful.

Moosic-I just had an Albion made in Nightshade that I really like (first saw it at a trunk show). A little dressier than Galway.

12. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

^^ @JayDotz , those Nevis are beautiful.

All this Nevis talk is interesting , as this boot doesn't get much play here ..Nevis was my first EG boot and got me really interested in the EG split toe design. Have since acquired a chestnut Utah Dover as well..
    Pics when new ..
    [​IMG]

From few days back..

[​IMG]

13. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

The Nevis is if the Galway and the Dover had a boot baby. How could you not like that?!

14. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Love this makeup. Redwood looks like a great color.

15. mdubs

Ha. They felt great, thanks for asking. The 9.5E82 worked much better than I expected. I went 10D82 on the Shell Galways that I ordered, so I am looking forward to seeing how they compared. The Suede Upper portion is pretty stinking tough to beat. I love butter soft Suede against my ankles. One reason I go for my Alden Suede boots a lot.

It truly is a beautiful color, but it's honestly not crazy versatile. But with Navy and probably Khakis you have a pretty flashy combo.

-Mike

16. mdubs

Yeah, that is just money. I agree with the post that it's a Dover + Galway. :) I was going to do a Brown Utah and Brown Suede Galway, but that *may* become a Nevis... Time will tell. -Mike

17. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

18. mdubs

LoL. I am but I am heavily constraining myself. Largely because I have far and away too many shoes already and really don't want any more.

-Mike

19. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

Thanks, And I am sure the Nevis in Utah+Suede would come out great!!

20. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

Mike, let's not get heretical here.... "too many shoes"... whatever do you mean?? Can there ever be too many shoes// :devil: