• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Felt "a bit blue (and Green)" today, so I took this pic. EG Galway in midnight blue (antique) and navy suede from Leffot. Accompanying timepiece is the Nautilus (with classic blue/green dial) by Patek Philippe.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sizing question would like to seek advise from you all:

Alden Barrie = US 8D
Allen Edmonds = US 8D
Grenson = UK 7
C&J 337 = UK 7E

What should be the size to choose for EG 202, and what fit/width?

By the way, what is the different between fit/width E & F?

Thanks.

I am Alden Barrie US9D and EG 202 UK9D or UK9E. EG's E width (standard/medium/normal width) is considered by many to be slightly wider than a typical US "D" width.

mrbrioni

Reaction score

Felt "a bit blue (and Green)" today, so I took this pic. EG Galway in midnight blue (antique) and navy suede from Leffot. Accompanying timepiece is the Nautilus (with classic blue/green dial) by Patek Philippe.
I'm blue ba da da di da da da. I'm a sucker for blue - gorgeous! Enjoy

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can get a high boot mto without the speed hooks?

Fiddler

Reaction score

There was a spanish guy on this forum or another one that did an entire pictorial on his shoes paired with his watches. He got a lot of stick from the readers because they thought all (at least the watches) looked virtually the same.

Last edited:

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm blue ba da da di da da da.

I'm a sucker for blue - gorgeous! Enjoy

Thank you! I wanted to get the classic Galway colors/combo but when I saw the midnight blue / navy suede combo it proved too interesting for me to ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler

There was a spanish guy on this forum or another one that did an entire pictorial on his shoes paired with his watches. He got a lot of stick from the readers because they thought all (at least the watches) looked virtually the same.

Interesting. So is the lesson that the watch collection, or at least the watch/shoe combo must show a bit of diversity?

Last edited:

Fiddler

Reaction score
Thank you! I wanted to get the classic Galway colors/combo but when I saw the midnight blue / navy suede combo it proved too interesting for me to ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler

Interesting. So is the lesson that the watch collection, or at least the watch/shoe combo must show a bit of diversity?

I don't know...it would never occur to me to photograph 20 pairs of shoes with 20 different watches (all mostly the same). I wear the 2 watches with everything...ones a steel chromo and the other a bit dressier and classic. I was just amazed at how much the guy got hassled.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank You Sin, that's exactly what I am looking for although I believe I will go with burgundy.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know...it would never occur to me to photograph 20 pairs of shoes with 20 different watches (all mostly the same). I wear the 2 watches with everything...ones a steel chromo and the other a bit dressier and classic. I was just amazed at how much the guy got hassled.

Ah, that is unfortunate. My main purpose in sharing pics here on SF was to let folks know about recent purchases that I ended up getting because of what I've read in various threads; I'm very appreciative of what I learned here and very much enjoy my EGs. Because of the "Watch Appreciation Thread" I also ended up overhauling my (small) watch collection, so I post some pics there too. But yeah, I have four watches in my collection right now and I already feel like I have enough. A very personal thing, to be sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics