Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. laufer

laufer Senior member

Folks,

What about Edward Green last 808? I see that stock model Walcott is made on last 808? Anybody has Walcott or any other shoe on 808 last? Can you comment how it fits in respect to 888 last?

I know Tony Gaziano has written that 808 last did not fit well but I was wondering if anybody on forum has a first hand experience with 808 last?

2. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Yes - but on the 82. Sorry.

3. laufer

laufer Senior member

May I trouble you to post pictures of that shoe especially the medallion on the top of the shoe. Thank you.

4. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

It's funny, I went down 1/2 size in 888.

5. laufer

laufer Senior member

I noticed too that 82 somehow is little longer but I take same size in both. I tried 1/2 size down but it was to tight. It depends on the foot.

6. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  7. no frills

no frills Senior member

Hi there - been lurking in SF since August but decided to finally share some of the stuff I've gotten, thanks to the very informative and helpful posts of members like those who post in this thread. I went from a couple of forgettable pairs from DSW to three pairs of EGs and several others from G&G, Corthay, etc. All part of a small change in lifestyle precipitated by what my wife calls a small midlife crisis! But hey, I'm very happy with my new shoe collection (and, it appears, so is she).

Here's one of my EGs - Harrogate, obtained from Leffot in NYC.

[​IMG]

Picture taken back in Fall 2012!

Thanks again for all you folks have shared. I am most appreciative.

8. AHS

AHS Senior member

Here's one of my EGs - Harrogate, obtained from Leffot in NYC. [​IMG] Those are beautiful. Congratulations. AHS

9. cwh812

cwh812 Senior member

Welcome - going from DSW to EG and others int he same league is quite a jump. Those Harrogates are beautiful. I wish my wife appreciated my shoes as much as I do.

10. no frills

no frills Senior member

Thanks very much. I think my wife properly classified it as a small midlife crisis when I went from a couple of forgettable Movado watches to three Pateks and one Rolex. That's quite a jump too. My bank account duly jumped as well. Downwards, of course.

She got two Rolexes in the process though, so she's a happy camper. Haha!

But seriously, I love EGs. IMHO the RTWs are more comfortable than G&G and Corthay. I have to give props to G&G and Corthay for what I feel are sleeker designs, but at the end of a long work day my feet are very appreciative that I'm wearing EGs that day.

11. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

My GF tolerates mine... Which is why she (hopefully) will be my fiancé soon. As long as 10% of our shoe rack can be used for her shoes she's fine. :D

12. no frills

no frills Senior member

Hah - that's good policy. My wife and I have been married for over a decade, and we have two kids. She's always been very supportive - she loved and married me when I didn't care about what I wore and she loves the somewhat snazzier looking me today. I think I've got a keeper.

13. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

The key is to break them in early ( referring to women) this way the can gradually get use to the fact of your obsession. In the end she would much rather I attend a trunk show then spend my evenings in a drinkin establishment. Using my excess funds for shoes is welcomed vice in her book.

14. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Only 10%, my wife is cool because I am just catching up to her, in a small way. She has sold more CLs than shoes I have purchased and sold X2.

+1, and congrats on being able to make the move.

15. no frills

no frills Senior member

We had to get a new shoe rack for all my new acquisitions (and my wife's shoes too), but when we reorganized everything we found that my shoes occupied 75% of the new rack haha.