Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Have both; need rosewood shearling Galway...

2. AHS

AHS Senior member

Today's offering -- and I promise to end this Wednesday! -- is a vintage pair of EGs for Carroll & Co. My size (11 B), and once again on the 202 last. I believe these are all the Malvern model?

[​IMG]

Gave them a quick cleaning, but will do a more thorough job before spring arrives.

AHS

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013

3. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Will EG ship out a sale shoe like the Galways? Or do I need to go to the store to get the sale price?

4. jaythejet

jaythejet Well-Known Member

sadly, the latter. but I went to the store a week and a half ago and the sale selection was MINIMAL and average at best. you aren't missing out on much my friend

5. kal249

kal249 Member

Hi everyone

I've been buying EG's for about 5 years now and have spent about £15,000 all in all. I live close to the factory and have made regular visits there, BUT..............As of last week I've will not buy another EG EVER AGAIN. They are well made and beautiful but £800 (MTO) for a gemmed shoe with approximate fit is just robbery. I used to be a die hard EG fan and have defended them in these pages once or twice but believe me not only are the shoes simply not worth it in terms of workmanship they are not worth the extra over say, a C&J or Sargent shoe. The way they now treat their customers is abysmal you just have to spend a minute at their Jermyn st store to realise that. They really are not worth it, save up the extra for bespoke or buy a C&J, Alfred Sargent or even Trickers. I used to think that DWFII was a nutcase but he was absolutely right these makers are short changing their customers.

I've just received my first bespoke G&G shoe (split toe) and the fit and finish are sublime, worth the extra in my opinion. I'm a UK8E in every RTW shoe but the fit of this bespoke shoe is just a revelation! All this nonsense about the cork foot bed etc is just that. They tell you this rubbish because they need to cover mass production shortcuts. I just wish they were just honest, it is a second grade product.
    Edward Green are simply are rip off, their shoes are nice (otherwise I wouldn't have bought so many!) but they are not worth 8 or 9 hundred quid. I would rather buy a bespoke suit instead of 2 pairs of EG.

6. michaelvl

michaelvl Senior member

^ Wow a £15K E.G. MTO collection, would love to see some pictures of them, please share.

7. Crat

Crat Senior member

8. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

Since we just had a guy trolling this thread i think you need to post pics of your collection before anyone believe you. Please post pics of your GG bespoke in the GG thread :)

9. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Enjoy your new shoes. Talk to you later. :thumbs-up:

10. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Anyone know how much Shannons are going for at the EG shop (if they have the size stocked)? If not, they would then have to be MTO, right? How much more would that cost?

11. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

If you have the F width then you will need to size to a 8.5 if it is an E width, I have two pairs of the Galways in size 8 F but with the 82 E last I had to size up to 8.5, I do not think you will get away with the same size on the E width.

12. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

Thank you for sharing your views but I have been wearing EG's for over 20 years and thankfully have never had a problem. I was treated very well when I visited the Jermyn street shop last week and whenever I have visited them previously. Please can you share some pictures of the EG shoes you have and specially the G&G ones as I am thinking of buying my first pair of shoes from them.

13. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Very nice. Yes, that is the Malvern. I think that the spectator version is commonly referred to as the Malvern II or III.

I know that it is subjective, but for balmoral (or oxford) shoes, I really prefer the "bar lacing" (ie laces that go straight across over the top of the eyelets) style - which you've used on the first pair of black wingtips you photographed - rather than the criss-cross, under-over lacing style. The latter is fine on bluchers, but just jars with me on balmorals.

14. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

15. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Got my blue (Indigo) suede shoes from MOL. It's a nice dark blue. Better pics this weekend, maybe.

[​IMG]

Picture from Leffot
    [​IMG]