1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Senior member

2. thelonius

thelonius Senior member

Just order a pair from EG. Think carefully about your size first. If you have some examples of makes you have already bought you can send an email to EG asking for advice. Then just order a pair, but be ready not to be disappointed to have to return them to ask for another size (a half larger or smaller, for eg). This will cost postage, and be a hassle, but once you know their last size you can order without fear.

3. Junior

Junior Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  4. LS7

LS7 Senior member

Thanks all. Those really have to be my final shoe purchases for 2013 - must demonstrate restraint in future.

5. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

I shall be keeping a close eye on your future posts ;)

6. laufer

laufer Senior member

This is what I do not understand. Both of these models Nevis and Dover are on the same last 606. However the stitching at the vamp of dover is round at the top of the toe. On the other hand on the Nevis boot that vamp sticking at the top of the toe is not round it almost looks like the straight line. I have seen many dover with this "inconsistency" if you I may say so but I always assumed that is due the last the shoe was built on but these two are on the same last.
    Am I mistaken?

7. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    Stunning shoes, well done. Was hoping you'd post what they had in an 11 but it's probably better that way!

How did you hear about the sale?

8. LS7

LS7 Senior member

This thread - dieworkwear posted the details a week or so ago.

9. LS7

LS7 Senior member

This deserves a considered reply - however it's late and I can't take further pictures at this time.

Quick answer: the Nevis has a squared apron by design - this is not a flaw. I measured the width at that point across both the Dover and the Nevis and, confirming my visual impression, the boot is wider.

I'll take some close-up photos to illustrate this...

10. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

What's the difference between "mmmmhhhmmmm" and "hnnnnggggg"?

Seriously.

11. laufer

laufer Senior member

LS7,

There is no need to take additional pictures. Thank you very much for your reply. I was just wondering if I was seeing things right. I do not have any split toe shoes. I prefer the round apron. In addition I heard somewhere that boots are made wider because it is assumed that the boots will be worn with the thicker socks. So this may explain why Nevis is wider.

12. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

can any of you offer any insight as to the fit for the 888 last and the 82 last? I wear a 9D on the Alden Hampton last and a UK8F on the Alfred Sargent 724 last. Am I correct in assuming that a UK 8.5 should suffice on the 888 and 82 last if I wear the above sizes, or would sizing down to a UK8 be better? Do any of you wear a US 9D? What size do you wear on the EG 888 and 82 lasts?

13. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Senior member

mmmmmmhmmmmm is supposed to be pronounced 'Yoda-style', I never heard Yoda say hnnnnnnnggggg.

14. bamboo

bamboo Senior member

My size is a lot smaller than yours, but consensus should be 8.5E. I wear 6D Plaza, Aberdeen. I wear 5.5E EG 888 and 82. I managed to put 5E on but too small.

15. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

I can kind of see hnnnnggggg being said while biting down on one's own finger. But I am happy to be corrected.

16. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

I wear a TTS US 9D and wear 8.5E in both EG 202 and 82 lasts. My feet are pretty normal-neither wide nor narrow- and I would say they pretty much fill out a US9D. EG 8.5E fits me like a glove. Very comfortable.

17. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

I have the same sizing: 0.5 up from AS 724.

18. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

thanks, that's helpful. is the 'E' designation for EG the equivalent of a D width for US sizes? Are most of the EG lasts pretty similar to one another? for example, if I ordered an 8.5E on the 82 last would I also be an 8.5E on the 888 last?

19. bant

bant Senior member

can anyone suggest a good source for edward green belts in the USA? Either online or brick and mortar is fine.

20. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Just recieved my Galways today, and I have to say the 82 Last fits my feet just like a glove.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.