Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

Who said he isn't reasonable? The issue here is sloppiness that caused this whole unpleasant mess. Why on earth would you write Last 202 on your webpage when you have a shoebox in front of you that says Last 82? Wait, let me guess, it's because "mistakes do happen", right? But when you are selling shoes for over 1000USD to foreign countries you should know that what might be a minor problem to a resident of New York can be magnified many times over when the recipient is in Asia.

Maybe Leffot should stick to walk-in customers if they don't know that selling on the internet means putting out accurate information on their products.

My definition of good customer service is not letting bad things happen to begin with. Not taking my money on the pretext of wrongly marked products and then trying to be helpful.

2. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

So, an example of good customer service is how Mr. Porter handled a mistake, but Leffot is providing bad customer service by making an honest mistake. If I were a retailer, I wouldn't want to deal with you. You are wound too tight to be reasonable.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013

3. kev777

kev777 Senior member

And we're back on track and thread .........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] Inverness Dark Oak

4. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

And rebel222, I certainly wouldn't want to deal with a retailer who thinks it's ok to screw up this bad and say oh, I made a mistake.

5. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Senior member

thank you thank you thank you !!! sooooooo beautiful :)

6. SHS

SHS Senior member

What would you like him to say then?

7. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

Good question SHS -- How about...."Since I screwed up, I will have DHL pick up the shoes from your place and get it to us at no additional cost to you. We already given you enough trouble. Once the goods get back to us, I will refund the cost of goods plus duties you paid to your account and inform you by email of the refund so you can check it for yourself. Leffot deeply regrets this mistake and I hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service." Yeah, maybe something like that.

Anyone can say they're sorry....but it's actions...real actions... that count. Making me go to the post office, fill out a bunch of forms, buy a box, pack and seal it, pay postage, wait on tenterhooks for a response, yes that is action...but it's action on my part, not Leffot.

8. SHS

SHS Senior member

Don't forget that they will force you to tie your shoe laces to go to the post office.

9. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

The great 'block member' function, so I don't have to look at annoying crybaby posts anymore. :)

10. oshinex

oshinex Senior member

wow :facepalm:

And for the record, I've only received excellent service from Leffot in the many years that I've shopped with them online and at their store. They are one of the best stores in New York, and it's a shame that this crybaby must do this.

11. AHS

AHS Senior member

Thanks for the comments. As for the cuffs.... 2"!

Today’s EGs: another vintage pair for Paul Stuart on the 202 last. This time, in suede….

[​IMG]

More to come next week.

AHS

12. Jhors2

Jhors2 Senior member

Can you provide details on the prince of wales pants? Looking for a fabric similar to that.

13. AHS

AHS Senior member

Trousers of a Brooks Brothers Milano suit.

AHS

14. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Nothing like Dark Oak!!

15. CrackedCrab

CrackedCrab Senior member

I agree on Dark Oak,
    Today we have the Orkney 5 eye boot in Dark Oak on the 202, one of my favorite MTO's from Tom at Leather Soul. That loose extra leather on the instep you see is where I had my bunion areas point stretched as these are marked D's. Now I get EG's in E or evn F to accomodate that part of my feet.
    [​IMG]