• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zarium

Reaction score
By the way, the best possible outcome you can get from a PayPal claim is a full refund (including shipping) upon returning the shoes, and that excludes the cost of shipping them back and the customs duties. Try to talk to someone at Leffot to sort it out first, I'm sure they'll help you out.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

By the way, the best possible outcome you can get from a PayPal claim is a full refund (including shipping) upon returning the shoes, and that excludes the cost of shipping them back and the customs duties. Try to talk to someone at Leffot to sort it out first, I'm sure they'll help you out.

I agree. Leffot has a sterling reputation on this site, let them earn it/prove it before opening a PayPal or cc dispute. that's the only way you'll get back the ancillary fees (PayPal or a cc company won't be able to get it back for you)

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it is as simple as calling Leffot. They will take care of you - they pride themselves on good customer service. Mistakes happen, let them make it right.

Fiddler

Reaction score
Well, I have sent the owner an email with all the details earlier today, so he is aware of the situation. Let us see whether he chooses to respond or not.

Edit: He has responded and it seems quite positive. I need to get some clarifications. Will update here once I know.

Last edited:

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over the past couple months I've been hunting on eBay for classic and vintage -- or, if you prefer, used and cheap :) -- EGs to fit my narrow US 11 size and my limited budget. If anyone is interested I can post a few photos over the next week.

Today, EG for Paul Stuart on the 202 last. A bit boring, but the leather and workmanship is outstanding. (And please excuse the crappy iphone camera.)

AHS

PS -- And please let me know if you have narrow US 11s to sell or trade.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Over the past couple months I've been hunting on eBay for classic and vintage -- or, if you prefer, used and cheap :) -- EGs to fit my narrow US 11 size and my limited budget. If anyone is interested I can post a few photos over the next week.
Today, EG for Paul Stuart on the 202 last. A bit boring, but the leather and workmanship is outstanding. (And please excuse the crappy iphone camera.)

AHS
PS -- And please let me know if you have narrow US 11s to sell or trade.

Those are great, glad you were able to find something in your size.

Zarium

Reaction score
Those cuffs look huge! But I can imagine how they would work since you wear a size 11.

gsugsu

Reaction score
Here is the product on their site, notice how it's described as being on the 202 Last: Leffot has changed the online info from 202 to 82

Last edited:

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I have sent the owner an email with all the details earlier today, so he is aware of the situation. Let us see whether he chooses to respond or not.

Edit: He has responded and it seems quite positive. I need to get some clarifications. Will update here once I know.

As others here have said, Steven is fantastic and I'm sure he'll take care of you. Please do let us know the outcome though.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I made it a point to inform myself on all the EG lasts long before I purchased and was very clear in wanting the Chelsea on the 202 Last. This is what Leffot advertises on their website. If the descriptor on there had said Last 82 I wouldn't have purchased them in the first place. Who would want to pay such a hefty premium for a Last they didn't fancy? I've opened up a dispute with Paypal on this so we shall have to see how this plays out. My claim is simple....if Leffot promises one thing on their e-commerce shopfront and ships me something else, then they are in the wrong and they should make full restitution. I had to pay duties of about US$86 to the customs before they turned over the package so they should rightfully be reimbursing that amount too. 

I completely agree that you should get what you ordered. My point was that they are actually quite similar - as per the picture, and because I own both. My point was not that you should keep the wrong product. As others have said, I think Leffot will make it right. Deal with them directly.

I have black chelseas on the 202. I have tried them in the 202 and the 82. I, like you, personally prefer the 202 for the chelsea. :fistbump:

Fiddler

Reaction score
I completely agree that you should get what you ordered. My point was that they are actually quite similar - as per the picture, and because I own both. My point was not that you should keep the wrong product. As others have said, I think Leffot will make it right. Deal with them directly.
I have black chelseas on the 202. I have tried them in the 202 and the 82. I, like you, personally prefer the 202 for the chelsea.
fistbump.gif

Thanks, I didn't mean to sound combative...this is just such a bummer. It would be fine if I was in New York. Now I'll have to shell out some more money to mail the shoes back, there may be duties levied by the US customs, and at the end of the day, I will be at the mercy of Leffot to refund what they deem is right. I feel I should be refunded not only my initial payment of US$1,185 but also the duties I paid in my country, plus the cost of shipping them back. And I should be indemnified from any duties that rise if the US customs detains the parcel on its return. That is exclusively Leffot's problem as it's their mistake.

On a positive note, I got an email from Leffot acknowledging and apologising for the mistake made. And they have offered to refund my payment plus duties and shipping. I just don't know what will happen if the stuff gets stopped in US customs for duties or misplaced enroute (they didn't talk about that).

Until Leffot gets back to me on the issue of who will bear the duties in the US, I will have to reserve judgement on how to proceed.

I am really annoyed with this mess. This 82 Last looks fine from a profile view but when viewed from above it really elongates the foot visually in a most unnatural way. Aaaaargh!

Here is the product on their site, notice how it's described as being on the 202 Last:

Leffot has changed the online info from 202 to 82

It's possible they may have, luckily my screenshot was taken before they changed it. But I am glad they did so no one else can be misled as I was.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads