• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually emailed EG on Friday and I was told the sale starts on December 27th at 10AM - for walk in customers only.
Proxy anyone?

Any chance anyone is willing to do a proxy?

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any chance anyone is willing to do a proxy?

I am so going to schedule a vacation across the pond around Christmas! Man, always hard trying to figure out what is available, then have the proxy pick them up. But also let me know if a proxy is available!

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am so going to schedule a vacation across the pond around Christmas! Man, always hard trying to figure out what is available, then have the proxy pick them up. But also let me know if a proxy is available!

I was going to call and see what is available. I am going to reach out to one of my buddies and see if he is around to pick up. I will keep you posted.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm accepting shoe gifts in size 7 UK. My foot easily accomodates most lasts, except those known to be wide.

I've been very good this year. :p

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm accepting shoe gifts in size 7 UK. My foot easily accomodates most lasts, except those known to be wide.
I've been very good this year. :p

While not technically gifts, I do feel as though the EG gods have shined down on me with favor lately.

3 models, all brand new, all first quality - 2 from retailers, 1 from a fellow SF'r:

1. Wells (Dark Oak) - $770
2. Chelsea (Black) - $875
3. Walcot (Edwardian Antique) - $750

All told, a ridiculous cumulative savings. :nodding:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

While not technically gifts, I do feel as though the EG gods have shined down on me with favor lately.
3 models, all brand new, all first quality - 2 from retailers, 1 from a fellow SF'r:
1. Wells (Dark Oak) - $770
2. Chelsea (Black) - $875
3. Walcot (Edwardian Antique) - $750
All told, a ridiculous cumulative savings. :nodding:

you never participated in my EG sales.

sammy

Reaction score
I'd also be interested to know if someone is willing to proxy. Looking to pick up a pair of Chelseas in black.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely boots, I noticed they have made these in the E 64 last instead of the F 64 that I have which a a couple of year old. I love the Galway boots. Enjoy and thank you for sharing.

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Lovely boots, I noticed they have made these in the E 64 last instead of the F 64 that I have which a a couple of year old. I love the Galway boots. Enjoy and thank you for sharing.

Thanks. Do please share some pics!

Been wearing the pair below for some time, which were built on the F 25 last which EG no longer have. They're old boots made a few decades ago - the manager of their Jermyn Street shop was good enough to have the factory find out what they could on the model.

Apparently, the original Galway model was just known as style 253 (my old ones are a variant, 253/1) and it was the veldtschoen model made for Holland & Holland as a shooting boot. It's a little less elegant than a lot of the Galway models around these days...

jaythejet

Reaction score
Does EG send out a catalog of what is on sale at what discount or is it usually just a set discount (e.g 20% off on everything)? I emailed them a couple days ago but no response.

Macallan

Reaction score
In the last two/three sales; most shoes were are about 30% off (£450) and boots started from £500.

Fiddler

Reaction score
When you talk to EG staff at Jermyn St do you ever get the feeling they are in a bit of a hurry? Like they have some soup about to boil over on the stove?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads