• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
]
That boot is a new one from EG. I think it's an old archived model they've brought back. I'm having that done in Nightshade Calf (deep burgundy/purplish calf colour) at some point. Anyone else interested?

I'm thinking the Epsom in Nightshade Calf only, no need to mix mats, I think it will look pretty spectacular anyway. Either on the 82 F or possibly 202 E. Black double leather sole, sunken metal tips, black lining, no speed hooks, hidden eyelets. :slayer:
edit: corrcted mat to Nightshade

Sounds amazing. Another one I think would be really cool would be the same boot in black shell or black scotch grain

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Epsom in Nightshade Calf only, no need to mix mats, I think it will look pretty spectacular anyway. Either on the 82 F or possibly 202 E. Black double leather sole, sunken metal tips, black lining, no speed hooks, hidden eyelets.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

edit: corrcted mat to Nightshade
I'm in , but would need it to be on an 82 last for me. I'm a D width...would that be an issue?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I boot like that should be on last 82, i think 202 is to round. Guess that all shoes must be the same width?
Found some pics from Leffot of a monk on last 82 in nightshade calf

That would make a cool boot but the single color/texture is turning me off.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noonan,

Nightshade is darker shade of burgundy if you have saphir burgundy polish it looks like that antique burgundy is lighter shade of burgundy.

Noonan

Reaction score

Noonan,
Nightshade is darker shade of burgundy if you have saphir burgundy polish it looks like that antique burgundy is lighter shade of burgundy.

That's sort of what I thought. Nightshade would be more like cordo #8. I am tempted to MTO those Epson's with a complementary suede in Antique Burgundy.

Leaves - if you've any ideas, shoot me a PM.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's sort of what I thought. Nightshade would be more like cordo #8. I am tempted to MTO those Epson's with a complementary suede in Antique Burgundy.
Leaves - if you've any ideas, shoot me a PM.

:slayer: This I could get into.

Harrydog

Reaction score
Why do you need a group order? Doesn't EG do single MTO? Will the group order waive the upcharge for MTO?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why do you need a group order? Doesn't EG do single MTO? Will the group order waive the upcharge for MTO?

Short answer:

Yes.

Noonan

Reaction score
Patek - Maybe we could get 6 for the Epson? Again, I think Antique Burgundy for the lower and maybe a mole suede (or something else complementary - but not over the top) for the upper. What are your thoughts? BTW - what's the price delta between MTO and group MTO?

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know who expressed interest in the Galway MTO that, courtesy of Leaves, we now have 5 confirmed people for the boot. ONLY ONE MORE and we are ready to roll.

As a reminder, the specs are as follows:

Dark Oak Antique calf (lower)
Walnut country calf (upper)
Antiqued brass exposed eyelets with speedhooks
Fully lined shaft
Medium antique edgetrim
Brown Dainite Sole
Lining color?

Basically, the following boot:

The price would be 8700 SEK including VAT; for those of us in the United States, without VAT the price would be 6960 SEK, which is right around $1030, which is a pretty amazing price for these boots.

Please PM if you want to be the lucky sixth participant. We would all thank you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads