• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward green 202 last

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How does everyone find the EG 202 last? Is it wide fitting? Not sleek enough? Any input? Thanks a lot!

I saw in the eg for kg thread that it took some breaking in - but that might have been specific to those thick soles and not consistent throughout all eg 202 lasts. Please, those with experience, share your wisdom! Thank you
smile.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
It is certainly roomy, and not as sleek as other EG lasts. I personally like the way it looks.

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
It is certainly roomy, and not as sleek as other EG lasts. I personally like the way it looks.

I agree with this. I have only one pair of EG on 202 the Newmarket Chelsea and it is the most comfortable of all my EG lasts, followed by the 606 as a close 2nd. I now am more interested in comfort than sleekness, and if I knew then what I know now about EG lasts, I would have avoided the 888 altogether as it is rather uncomfortable for me to wear more than 1/2 day. In short, embrace the 202!

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
202 is roomy enough to allow your toes to play the piano! Its the most comfortable last for all day wear. The aesthetics are not fashion forward, but the functionality is top notch.

Regards.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also prefer lasts which have lots of toe space and adequate width. But 202 does not work for my UK7.5 feet as I find it makes my feet look stumpy. 202 also has a high instep which does not agree with my feet. If you want to try a last that offers similar comfort that looks sleeker, Vass F last is the way to go.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the 202 last. I have two pairs on it (Berkeleys and Dovers), and, although the 202 is not the sleekest of the EG lasts, these shoes feel better on my feet than other EGs I have on the 888, 89, and 606 lasts. I think that, for me, with narrow feet (EG B/C-fitting), my EGs on the 202 last look sleeker than similar shoes in a wider fitting would look. I too am beginning to put comfort ahead of appearance and foresee more 202-last purchases!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton

I thought it was "blobby."
fight[1].gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I thought it was "blobby."
fight[1].gif

It is. Certainly it is compared to other EG lasts, or compared to the round toe lasts of EG's major competitors.

Luckyguy

Reaction score
Although it may not be one of the sleekest last from EG, it certainly has a classic look and I like it myself. The 202 last resembles the Hampton last of Alden which I also like alongside the Aberdeen.

wq1999

Reaction score
I love the 202. I have a pair of brogue bluchers in 202 and I don't find them blobby at all, certainly not compared the the more conservative lasts of Alden or even C&J.

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
It's not sleek but it is neat ( as in compact) IMO. I always think it makes my feet look smaller.

jojo1

Reaction score
If I wear an 11c or D in Alden Barrie last, and an 11.5C or D in Alden Hampton last, what would I look for in a 202 in UK sizing?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
10.5?

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
I also prefer lasts which have lots of toe space and adequate width. But 202 does not work for my UK7.5 feet as I find it makes my feet look stumpy. 202 also has a high instep which does not agree with my feet. If you want to try a last that offers similar comfort that looks sleeker, Vass F last is the way to go.

Agreed. Probably looks better on larger sizes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads