1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Education Choices

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by Marc Voorhees, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Marc Voorhees

Marc Voorhees Senior member

Hi All,

Figured I would ask the collective for an opinion on an upcoming decision I may have to make.

Education wise,I have a

BA in Economics from Michigan State
    MA in Economics from NYU
    MS in Data Analytics from Southern New Hampshire University (about to graduate)

I have a very good job working for a large Pharma company who graciously paid for the MS Degree as part of a tuition reimbursement program. When I was at MSU and NYU I had originally planned on getting a PhD in Economics and teaching, but life sort of got in the way.

The company I currently work for will essentially pay for degrees until I have every letter in the alphabet after my name, which brings me to my question; "Where the hell do I go from here?"

I don't necessarily want to change fields or professions, but I would like to continue earning degrees, might as well take advantage of the company offerings for as long as possible eh? Here are some of the options I have looked into

Doctorate of Management from University of Maryland University College
    Phd Management from Walden
    Doctorate of Business Administration from North Central University
    a few others along this path

Does anyone have an opinion about Online PHD/Doctorate programs? Does anyone know any of the relative differences between a DM/PhD/DBA type degree? Any opinions or experiences about programs to avoid or perhaps try and get into ?

All in all, just looking for some guidance or thoughts from all of you.

Cheers

Marc

2. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

PhD is still the norm, DBA from a few schools like HBS counts, but in other situations it presumes a more practice-oriented doctorate. Haven't really heard about DM before.

Honestly, I don't see the point of an online PhD at all, so I suppose I'll keep my opinions to myself.