• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

educate me about facial care!

Bunny

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have to confess I'm completely overwhelmed by all the choices of moisturizers, peelings, lotions, creams, masks, soaps and oils out there.

Thanks to SF, I figured out how to properly shave (had been using Gilette foam for years!) with silvertip brush and quality soap.

But today I realized I always find myself more attractive in darkening mirrors not because of the overall complexion, but simply because it hides imperfect skin... I don't have acne or major issues, but my nose is always a bit shinier than the rest after showering, my forehead a bit sweatier than the rest of the face, and my cheeks and jawline is more irritable, especially after shaving.

So,
what's a good baseline of facial care that you can incorporate into your daily routine? What should I do weekly? Which (European or international) products are good to get me started? What are some optional or super advanced things that I shouldn't worry about now? How can I measure improvements?

I'm thankful for any PYAITK!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, there's a lot on this topic, but I can try to break down some basic sets of products.

Routine and products
Facial scrub (sandy gel) / peel cream - once a week to clean up accumulation of dead cells and such (personally I prefer the scrubs)
Moisturizer - After I shave, I put on a liquid splash, then aftershave balm. Either I use that on the rest of my face or a different moisturizer (in summer i mix in some sunscreen).
Toner - Before going to bed I use toner and a wool pad, basiclaly to clean all the day's dirt, moisturizer, bacteria, or whatever from my face before going to sleep. Sometimes I moisturize then if not in the morning.
Eye cream - I recently added this one to the routine, sort of a preventative thing so i don't get wrinkly eyes down the line. not sure if it's worth it or not though (expensive). Can't say I actually do it every day.

As for specific brands, sorry to sound cliche but it really just depends on what works for you, although frankly unless you've got fussy skin, it's mostly all the same shit. I just stick with a mix of Neutrogena, Nivea, Aveeno, etc. You can voyage into the higher end brands, personally I haven't gone there yet.

taktikz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bunny
Hello guys,

I have to confess I'm completely overwhelmed by all the choices of moisturizers, peelings, lotions, creams, masks, soaps and oils out there.

Thanks to SF, I figured out how to properly shave (had been using Gilette foam for years!) with silvertip brush and quality soap.

But today I realized I always find myself more attractive in darkening mirrors not because of the overall complexion, but simply because it hides imperfect skin... I don't have acne or major issues, but my nose is always a bit shinier than the rest after showering, my forehead a bit sweatier than the rest of the face, and my cheeks and jawline is more irritable, especially after shaving.

So,
what's a good baseline of facial care that you can incorporate into your daily routine? What should I do weekly? Which (European or international) products are good to get me started? What are some optional or super advanced things that I shouldn't worry about now? How can I measure improvements?

I'm thankful for any PYAITK!

Strange, I find that more light hides imperfection while less light reveals more... That's how it is in my case anyway

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40