• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edoya Shoe Brushes

MarcusD

Reaction score
Hi There!

Just wondering if it is possible to purchase the Oval Edoya Shoe Brushes Online? It seems that their Online Store has been “temporarily” closed since December 10, 2018.

I bought my last one from LeatherSoul but they don’t seem to carry them anymore or haven’t received them for a long time.

These are the brushes I’m looking for...

I can fine the Boot Black versions and other collaborations online but not the original little oval ones.

Thanks very much for the help in advance!
MD

Last edited:

ryanluo23

Reaction score
1. You can try the Japanese yahoo, mecari and rakuten sites.
2. You prob will have better luck in sourcing the Brift branded ones, Edoya (江戸屋) still supplies to him and if memory serves me right, he sells them on a first come first serve basis on the 1st day of every month (people will queue in front of the designated shops that sells them)
3. IMHO, there are many other Japanese hand planted brushes which are just as good if not better. i.e Terasawa, Uno, TWTG and Kanaya etc etc

At the end of the day, japanese or non japanese, hand planted or machine planted, i think you can achieve a shine just as good without using Edoya if you know what you are doing. On the other hand, I do also understand and appreciate the finer things in life :) I, in particular is a sucker for the history/STORY and associated prestige that comes from branded items.

The Hunt is always part of the Fun! I wish you luck :)

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I bought two of their brushes about seven years ago from LeatherSoul. I don't know if they still carry them, but maybe you can check with them. They may be able to source one for you.

FWIW, I find I just end up using an Allen Edmonds brush.

logboy

Reaction score
have been looking over japanese makers this week. slight diversion from any hand-drawn brushes. seeing some reactions that suggest german brushes - although made (sometimes) in that manner - aren't necessarily as good, as densely-packed. anyone have pointers for comparing japanese makers, and locating sellers? had a good look for some, but found very few and often stateside. seems biased towards some makers (edoya, boot black, kanaya, uno) suggesting some aren't necessarily the best but are the most capable or willing to get exposure outside japan.

Aoyama Kobo Co. Ltd. 1990 / 青山工房
Boot Black 1919
Edoya / 株式会社江戸屋|刷毛・刷子(ブラシ)製造販売
Fujimoto Tora 1890 / 藤本虎
Hirano Brush aka Burashi No Hirano 1942 / ブラシの平野
Ishikawa Brush / イシカワブラシ
Kanaya Brush / かなや刷子
Kunida Handmade Brush Workshop / 手作りブラシ工房
Miyagawa Brush Mfg. Co. Ltd. / 宮川刷毛(はけ)ブラシ製作所
Shoji Brush Works 1918 - 26 / ショージワークス
Terazawa Brush Mfg. Co. Ltd. / 寺沢ブラシ製作所
Uno Hake 1917*

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads