1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edmonton Canada... is it a trap?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by danilo, Sep 16, 2009.

1. tomgirl

tomgirl Senior member

Sorry, the prospect of hating on Edmonton just gets me riled up sometimes. [​IMG]

2. Becks23

Becks23 Senior member

I'd move back to Edmonton from Hong Kong if I could do the same gig I'm doing now.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Senior member

You're Crazy.

I moved here from Hong Kong and I can't wait to get out of here.

4. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

LOL!

5. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

My cousins lived in Edmonton their entire lives and once they were married they moved out ASAP

6. rcoreytaylor

rcoreytaylor Senior member

Do you know ANYTHING about Canada? Have you ever BEEN to Edmonton? Do you think it's some sort of outpost on the edge of the man's known frontier?

It's like anywhere else in the world, some stuff is great, some stuff is shitty, and lots of so-so stuff in between....it's life!

Until you've actually experienced something for yourself you can never fully understand or appreciate it. You're young and have an opportunity to experience something new AND further your career - what's so bad about that? Hell, you can always move if it's not a comparable paradise to Atlanta.

7. NDND2012

NDND2012 Active Member

Lived in Edmonton for 10 yrs. The city grew on me. The river valley is beautiful. Summer is amazing, weather is about as good as any I have ever experienced. Days are warm but not unpleasantly so. Daylight lasts until after 10pm. Winter sucks, it gets really cold and stays that way for months. People are great, lots of civic/community pride. Many great festivals throughout the year. The old strathcona area is pretty cool. I had a great time there as a university student. Downtown is sorta dead though.

Alberta has world class skiing no doubt, but its a 4ish hour drive to get to. I knew some great skiers in Edmonton but many had cabins in the Banff/Carmore area.

I'd have no problem recommending it as a place to live, but for myself I'd want to make sure I could get at least one warm weather getaway in the winter.